• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please welcome BDWoody as our new moderator!

Katji

Major Contributor
Thank you :) Cheers! ...and...

Please... No politics this week! Crazy enough everywhere else, hope to keep this place a refuge.
Yes, please. I skipped watching news last night (in South Africa, when they said something about half an hour dedicated to...) :facepalm:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ah Brad my friend I'm please to hear your helping out .

Great choice @amirm !

Good luck mate , eventually you will find the right level of drunkenness for the job , probably start with how much you must of had to drink to take the job !

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Ah Brad my friend I'm please to hear your helping out .

Great choice @amirm !

Good luck mate , eventually you will find the right level of drunkenness for the job , probably start with how much you must of had to drive to take the job !

Sincere thanks Thomas. I think it's more about how much Amir was drinking when he asked me to help!
You did the hard work setting just the right tone for this place, all I've got to do is follow the playbook. Thanks to you for that.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
1604494471679.png

1604494324714.png

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Sincere thanks Thomas. I think it's more about how much Amir was drinking when he asked me to help!
You did the hard work setting just the right tone for this place, all I've got to do is follow the playbook. Thanks to you for that.
Well you have to keep a eye out for Amirm , he doesn't drink beer so can't be fully trusted .

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks BDWoody! I appreciate everyone's efforts to make this excellent forum run.

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

Addicted to Fun and Learning
@BDWoody Thanks for undertaking the thankless task of ... wait ... that didn't come out sounding right ... but you know what I mean ;)

You might consider an alternate account with a stern and grim persona. "Can we get a Woody in here to calm the thread?" just isn't as ominous-sounding as "Let's report the troll and unleash the Savage on it!" was. I am thinking a username like "BradTheBarbarian" has a moderator-like ring to it, with an avatar of a sword-wielding lion and a Red Sonja mane to match the font :p This would help stem the rising tide of trolls that comes with increasing ASR visibility - it lets them know you have spray cans of trollicide in reserve. Just kidding ... I think you will excel as forum moderator just the way you are!

Tks

Major Contributor
A dude I'd wanna light one up with! Congratz @BDWoody

Actually, when he gets on duty, he's gonna need to light up more often.

Shorty

I’m so sorry to read you were shanghaied by Amir, Woody. Prepare to jump ship at the next port.... if this wreck ever makes it.... ;)

AndyLu

Forum Donor
It is my pleasure to announce that we have a new moderator, @BDWoody (Brad). He was nominated by a member so he and I discussed the possibility and here we are. My interactions with Brad have been great as he put up with me damaging his expensive Devialet amplifier that died in testing. He also lives on the other coast so is able to take action when I am sleeping. In other words, you will be watched around the clock! :D

I don't know if he is into drinking beer, messing with horses and such as @Thomas savage did. But I am sure his vices will out over time.....

Please give him the support he needs as he gets up to speed on the role. Be respectful to him as he has a difficult job with no pay. He is here to make this place great for all of us.

I must have been sleeping (or living under a rock), but I only see this thread now (uh huh!) ;). @BDWoody congratulations!

Top Bottom