• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please welcome BDWoody as our new moderator!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Congrats... But does it means @BDWoody you have super powers?
Like Amir or @Thomas savage?

images.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
A dude I'd wanna light one up with! Congratz @BDWoody

Actually, when he gets on duty, he's gonna need to light up more often.

I'll smoke to that!
Thank you, likewise.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Congrats woody. Just decided to check in on the website and saw that you got promoted. Awesome job! Hope you are enjoying the new position.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Congrats woody. Just decided to check in on the website and saw that you got promoted. Awesome job! Hope you are enjoying the new position.

Well...I don't know if 'promoted' is the right word, but I'm definitely learning as I go. This forum, more than most, really is self-moderating for the most part. Our members don't just rely on Amir or me to keep it all between the guardrails if not always between the lines...they step up and keep the wheels turning pretty smoothly with very little intervention needed, given the size of the forum.

Thanks for the well wishes, and glad to see you back!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hopefully on some undercover moderator mission to the beaches of Hawaii or something fun like that.

Hopefully he didn't accidentally click on the wrong button and ban himself in which case we may never know.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just when Geoff Kait, or someone impersonating him, appears. Oh well, it was fun.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Just when Geoff Kait, or someone impersonating him, appears. Oh well, it was fun.
Geof just got a 2 week vacation.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Geof just got a 2 week vacation.
I’m shocked! Actually, it seemed like he was more or less behaving himself - just some lightly absurd condescension. I may have missed the provocation.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
I’m shocked! Actually, it seemed like he was more or less behaving himself - just some lightly absurd condescension. I may have missed the provocation.
The offending posts were deleted as usual. I just happened to be reading the same threads he was posting in, completely coincidental mind you. So the offending posts had a fairly short lifespan. :cool:

BTW, Brad is doing fine and has been very busy. He indicated he will drop in and provide an update. But nothing to worry about. No alien abductions that I am aware….

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Where BDWoody at? Haven't seen him in a while...

I thought the same thing. No posts since June 3.

It has been a while!

I had a planned move that went sideways at the last minute, so had to line up temp storage and housing, as well as long term housing...then the actual moving process turned into its own expensive fiasco worth its own chapter, and to top it off my cat has been having some health struggles this week with me shuttling him between hospitals and tests (he should be home tomorrow).

Basically, life got firmly in the way, and I had planned to give an update before now, it just didn't happen. Been a demanding month, and I just didn't have room to effectively moderate anything, so figured I'd wade back in once life allowed. It looks like there should be a calming of the storm, so I expect I'll start to make an overbearing nuisance of myself as usual here shortly.

I had every confidence Adam was able to keep the wheels turning, so was glad to have the freedom to leave him to it.

Thanks for asking!

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
@BDWoody so sorry about the multiple problems. I hope everything is under control and your cat is well. I might not be the one to ask, but things have been steady around here. I'm still the master of silly.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It has been a while!

I had a planned move that went sideways at the last minute, so had to line up temp storage and housing, as well as long term housing...then the actual moving process turned into its own expensive fiasco worth its own chapter, and to top it off my cat has been having some health struggles this week with me shuttling him between hospitals and tests (he should be home tomorrow).

Basically, life got firmly in the way, and I had planned to give an update before now, it just didn't happen. Been a demanding month, and I just didn't have room to effectively moderate anything, so figured I'd wade back in once life allowed. It looks like there should be a calming of the storm, so I expect I'll start to make an overbearing nuisance of myself as usual here shortly.

I had every confidence Adam was able to keep the wheels turning, so was glad to have the freedom to leave him to it.

Thanks for asking!

Good luck with all you're dealing with....priorities! :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
@BDWoody Do what you gotta do mate. Moving and arranging storage has to be one of the worst things in the world and nobody likes a sick pussy cat. Look after him/her- they are the best.

Julio sends his best wishes to your cat:
1625791053885.jpeg

Top Bottom