• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

usersky

Forum Donor
Paul has no formal education beyond high school. Stan was the engineer (the S of PS Audio). Stan left and had his own company (supermods).

Well, (formal) education being like erection, it just shows.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can't stand it anymore...so many pizza heretics on this site. A proper and excellent pizza does not
need ham and pineapple. Just a plain cheese pizza should be fantastic.
I has horrified to see the depraved west coast pizzas so covered with ingredients that they might as well
be hand held casserole slices. NY pizza for the win. Also Chicago. Here is the secret...tomatoes from Italy.
Cheese from Italy. Flour from Italy. Olive oil from Italy. NY and Chicago have all of those ingredients imported
straight in. So the pizza is epic.
Covering the pizza with giant amounts of topping just conceals the crust and sauce fail. There. I said it.

I was raised in NY. And had friends from Chicago and have sampled their pizza extensively. I am not
a snob in anything...except for pizza. I have spent untold hours in NY pizza joints and the family favorite one
closed when I was a teen. I used to help the owner in the back...and he taught me the sauce and crust recipe
because he was closing and his kids would not continue the place. Aside from onions and the bay leaf and water
everything else was Italian. I live in the South now. It is expensive to get the ingredients here.

The best Pizza in Chicago I ate was just like my friends. I looked at his food case. Same exact ingredients.

I have had some good pizza in other parts of the US. All of it by Italians from Chicago or NY.

Both cities have their own styles and people have strong opinions over what place is their favorite. In both,
the segregation of fans of different places is remarkable and just as stark as the division between real pizza
in either vs the west coast horror show casseroles.

I am not hating on the west coast here. I am a Socal native. But pizza? I don't think so!

So there!...you pineapple and ham gobbling heretics.:p
Name your favorite Chicago pizza joints. There are right and wrong answers and you shall be judged!

Have you watched any of the Barstool Sports YouTube series One Bite where their founder eats and rates almost every pizza joint in NYC? He did hundreds of them.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, here is the truth about pizza: First, the best pizza in the world is Chicago deep dish. Chicago thin crust is next, and miles above the rest of the universe of pizza, but deep dish is best. (There used to be a pizzeria in Chicago called "New York Style Pizza, the World's Worst Pizza".)

Previously, the best deep dish was served at Gino's East on East Superior, but they were sold to Lettuce Entertain You and became a soggier because version of great deep dish, so. The champion left standing is Pizzeria Due, followed by Pizzeria Uno.

All the rest is dross. End of.
As a native Chicagoan whose family is from NYC, I have to admit on average New York City has better thin crust. There are too many forgettable places around Wrigleyville serving single thin crust slices that survive because half of the patrons are too wasted to care how the pizza actually tastes.

Gino’s, Due, and Uno are like eating mozzarella cheese with a side of crust; it’s just way too much cheese. Lou Malnati’s is best overall, followed by Pequod’s which has the best crust. Malnati’s ships frozen pizzas nationwide if anyone wants to try it FYI.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

I saw that, I just can't believe banana on a pizza. Banana actually on anything except straight up, fruit salad, milkshake, banoffi pie or sliced on a Pavlova...

1598787963297.png

banoffi pie
1598788027693.png

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I have never seen one of those food items pictured but I want one!

Come to Australia. Bananas, Mangoes, Pineapples, Kiwi Fruit, all the tropical fruit, plus stone fruit, every other fuggin' fruit and citrus mostly. When our citrus is out of season, we get a ton from NZ and CA. In the next few months leading up to Christmas, it goes fruit crazy. There is an wonderful 100 year old avenue of mango trees near us with so many mangoes, the fruit bats get most of them- people don't care. They'd rather buy them at the supermarket...-how stupid is that?

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Come to Australia. Bananas, Mangoes, Pineapples, Kiwi Fruit, all the tropical fruit, plus stone fruit, every other fuggin' fruit and citrus mostly. When our citrus is out of season, we get a ton from NZ and CA. In the next few months leading up to Christmas, it goes fruit crazy. There is an wonderful 100 year old avenue of mango trees near us with so many mangoes, the fruit bats get most of them- people don't care. They'd rather buy them at the supermarket...
In Canada we have a couple of locations like the Okanagan and places in Ontario too that have excellent summers and short mild winters although instead of fruit they have mostly been converted to vinyards and estates. I remember trucking on over for a 4 hour drive and filling the pickup with fruit and then canning it for days afterwards. A 40 pound (18kg) box of fruit there was very inexpensive to buy in bulk and they always dickered. So by the time we loaded up on boxes of fruit there was barely any room in the cab for everybody on the return trip and it was the winter canned desert fruit. The Okanagan and Keremeos Valley would smell like fruit from a couple of miles away.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
In Canada we have a couple of locations like the Okanagan and places in Ontario too that have excellent summers and short mild winters although instead of fruit they have mostly been converted to vinyards and estates. I remember trucking on over for a 4 hour drive and filling the pickup with fruit and then canning it for days afterwards. A 40 pound (18kg) box of fruit there was very inexpensive to buy in bulk and they always dickered. So by the time we loaded up on boxes of fruit there was barely any room in the cab for everybody on the return trip and it was the winter canned desert fruit. The Okanagan and Keremeos Valley would smell like fruit from a couple of miles away.

Sounds like an awesome memory and a great experience. :)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Sounds like an awesome memory and a great experience. :)
It was good enough I stayed for a 2 month summer there with friends while the family went to the West Coast for the same 2 months. It was H O T weather.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Okay, here is the truth about pizza: First, the best pizza in the world is Chicago deep dish. Chicago thin crust is next, and miles above the rest of the universe of pizza, but deep dish is best. (There used to be a pizzeria in Chicago called "New York Style Pizza, the World's Worst Pizza".)

Previously, the best deep dish was served at Gino's East on East Superior, but they were sold to Lettuce Entertain You and became a soggier version of great deep dish, so. The champion left standing is Pizzeria Due, followed by Pizzeria Uno.

All the rest is dross. End of.

This is the dumbest thing I've read this year, but admittedly, it's still August and we have an election coming up.

Chicago deep dish may be quite delicious- I'll admit to having spent a LOT of money at Lou Malnati's over the years, and have eaten at Uno, Due, - so that's not the question. But.... IT IS NOT PIZZA. It is a TOMATO CASSEROLE.

I hope you were just trolling and aren't really that deluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom