• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Quantum processing! Of course!

And, um.. about removing the whole fuse function from those...

View attachment 78982

I wonder if they also make busbars to replace circuit breakers in electrical panels. The tiny contact points in circuit breakers must certainly impede “power energy.” :facepalm:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Then, of course, you need to burn-in your cables:
https://www.kempelektroniksshop.nl/blue-horizon-proburn.html
and repeat the process every six to eight weeks. I can’t think of a better way to spend €1000. Die, dastardly dust bunnies!

Holy crap! Hadn't noticed this link until Jurijvi just pointed it out. What a smorgasbord of insanity :D

Their list of brands alone would be enough to power this thread for a millennia or two.

Anybody in the market for a wearable harmonizer?

EDIT: Probably belongs more in one of the many snake oil threads.

Last edited:

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Holy crap! Hadn't noticed this link until Jurijvi just pointed it out. What a smorgasbord of insanity :D

Their list of brands alone would be enough to power this thread for a millennia or two.

Anybody in the market for a wearable harmonizer?

EDIT: Probably belongs more in one of the many snake oil threads.

OMG - I was kidding in my previous post. These yahoos actually sell audiophile circuit breakers. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I wonder if they also make busbars to replace circuit breakers in electrical panels. The tiny contact points in circuit breakers must certainly impede “power energy.” :facepalm:

You need to go wIth a NOS fuse panel to do that, then use copper pennies.

image1045.jpg

If you have bus type fuses you can always do this:

te99.jpeg

Just in case you need some ideas of replacement values when trying different fuses:

e5b26071-5c68-496d-b6cf-e7aae83f2713.jpg

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
You need to go wIth a NOS fuse panel to do that, then use copper pennies.
Back in the late 1960ies, my Dad used to do just that — when one of these
7E7E11BF-CDDD-4D45-A2DC-73E081C38DC4.gif
fuses blew, he’d start with a couple of wires from a stripped stranded cable, plug it back, adding wires until it no longer blew. Lucky for us, the house didn’t burn down.

mansr

Major Contributor
Back in the late 1960ies, my Dad used to do just that — when one of these View attachment 80432fuses blew, he’d start with a couple of wires from a stripped stranded cable, plug it back, adding wires until it no longer blew. Lucky for us, the house didn’t burn down.
That was actually a fairly sensible approach, if a little reckless. By adding only the required number of strands, he was at least trying to keep it doing what it was meant to do.

StefaanE

Forum Donor
That was actually a fairly sensible approach, if a little reckless. By adding only the required number of strands, he was at least trying to keep it doing what it was meant to do.
I gather that, but he never tried to find out WHY the fuse blew. He just added wires until it stopped, overloads be damned.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

mansr

Major Contributor
I gather that, but he never tried to find out WHY the fuse blew. He just added wires until it stopped, overloads be damned.
Simply replacing (or resetting, nowadays) a blown fuse with the same rating is generally safe. More often than not, the cause was transient in nature, such as a lightbulb burning out. If the replacement immediately blows too, then you should find the cause. Increasing the "rating" like your dad did is definitely not recommended.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
I never thought I had to burn-in my cables. What do I know....

Or maybe just burn the cables. Then your music will have that smoky, earthy midrange.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or maybe just burn the cables. Then your music will have that smoky, earthy midrange.

I smoked mine on my kamado for 8 hours at 275. Results were the cables sounded the same and my pulled pork tasted like plastic.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Back in the late 1960ies, my Dad used to do just that — when one of these View attachment 80432fuses blew, he’d start with a couple of wires from a stripped stranded cable, plug it back, adding wires until it no longer blew. Lucky for us, the house didn’t burn down.

Many years ago I was pulled over in an International flatbed delivery truck for having no taillights. The fuse was blown and the one I replaced it with blew immediately. I found a piece of wire in the truck and used it in place of the fuse. Several minutes later a puff of smoke with a decided electrical smell came out from under the dash. Never had a problem with the taillights again. Never did find the source of the smoke either.

Martin

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Was it wiry ?

Your comment (er..the one you were responding to) reminds me that a component making perhaps the largest improvement in sound is likely to be a dry-herb vape containing some choice Indica. Cue the weird audiophile adjectives.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
I smoked mine on my kamado for 8 hours at 275. Results were the cables sounded the same and my pulled pork tasted like plastic.

i can't decide if i should like your post or report it for abusing a perfectly fine piece of pork :eek:

Atanasi

Forum Donor
By the way, do we need this break-in-service? Or I am myself able to break in a cable only using it? Or it is better to let a professional do it?
The more expensive professional, the better sound. It's a subtle skill.

Top Bottom