• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ATOM Dac Coming very soon!

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Just emailed JDS labs 2min ago and they replied back talk about the best customer service in the world

Can't wait for the Atom DAC as i plan on buying both it and the ATOM AMP as a upgrade to my current but dated objective 2+ODAC Rev B combo.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 970

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
wait but if they make a new dac wouldn't it be called O-something dac because their previous dacs all started with O (ol dac&odac) :D

DuxServit

Forum Donor
Very interesting and timely.

What's the timeline for availability of the new Atom DAC ?

(Is there anyone from JDS Labs on ASR?)

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
wait but if they make a new dac wouldn't it be called O-something dac because their previous dacs all started with O (ol dac&odac) :D

Atom Odamn

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Very interesting and timely.

What's the timeline for availability of the new Atom DAC ?

(Is there anyone from JDS Labs on ASR?)

In the Atom Amp review they contacted Amirm and gave him a Amp to review
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ents-of-new-jds-labs-atom-headphone-amp.5262/

Ol-Dac is kind of below the rest and needs a update it was still recommended but i wouldn't get it over the E30 or the ahhhhhhhhhhh hate saying this but even the Modi 3 which measures better.

I'll be holding out to then mainly "upgrading to upgrade" probably won't even notice anything

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
why is it interesting? is it better for its price or have oodles of functionality, or ??

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
why is it interesting? is it better for its price or have oodles of functionality, or ??

JDS labs actually makes parts based on measurements and objectivity their the ones that helped jump NwAvGuy objective 2+Odac

Back before then we all heard paying 2000$ for a DAC was worth it lol in terms of sound quality and a bunch of other nonsense. Plus JDS labs have the best customer service that i ever dealt with.

Swtoby

JDS labs actually makes parts based on measurements and objectivity their the ones that helped jump NwAvGuy objective 2+Odac

Back before then we all heard paying 2000$ for a DAC was worth it lol in terms of sound quality and a bunch of other nonsense. Plus JDS labs have the best customer service that i ever dealt with.
Agreed. The products and service are first rate.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Was looking forward to it when Atom just came out. But now, EL DAC isn't even that good, is the ATOM DAC going to be better still?

Asylum Seeker

Desktop? Non-mobile? Not interested.

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Looking forward to seeing the new DAC tested here at ASR. :D

I'm confident that they will hand it over to Amirm probably before release even unless something gets all mixed up with this virus.

DuxServit

Forum Donor

Huge fan of NwAvGuy and the open source design. Also fan of JDS Labs. I’ve bought a couple of the v1 ODAC, the O2, the combo and even bought the Mayflower version of ODAC.

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor
Huge fan of NwAvGuy and the open source design. Also fan of JDS Labs. I’ve bought a couple of the v1 ODAC, the O2, the combo and even bought the Mayflower version of ODAC.

Same i owned 2 of them and my friends bought a few too

OP
PolkFan

PolkFan

Forum Donor

Veri

Master Contributor
We knew that but it seems they are extremely close to coming out probably as soon as this virus is over with or at least the stay at home orders
We knew it was coming, we knew it is delayed and we know that in the current COVID situation, manufacturing is seeing issues and delays. So I don't really think this deserves yet another 'Atom DAC' thread.
It was said to be coming "soon" sinds beginning of the year. "soon" will take another while. I don't see this releasing on short notice. This COVID thing can take a while for things to return to normal.

DuxServit

Forum Donor
Does XLR-outputs add much to the cost of a DAC?

Would be nice of Atom DAC provided XLR.

Top Bottom