• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aiyima A5 Pro or Fosi Audio Q5? Are they any good?

IanTips

Hi there! I'm from Malaysia. Since our country is not very rich, we pretty much can only afford the "budget" stuff. (100$ headphones would already be considered really expensive). I'm still relatively new to the audiophile hobby and I got an Aiyima H1 mini and a Jcally jm6 to pair with my He400se. It's been great so far but I'm not sure whether an upgrade in amp/dac actually makes a noticeable difference for me.

I'm planning to get one of these 2 amps, Aiyima A5 Pro or Fosi Audio Q5. They seem to be pretty much the same amp/dac with the same components. They provide much more power than my current setup and I would want to upgrade to a Sundara later down the line. Are these 2 good enough to run the Sundara? Or is there a big enough difference going to something like a Topping Dx1 or iFi Uno? These 2 are the maximum I can afford since the other amps/dacs are way out of budget and are significantly more expensive (Topping E30 ii, JDS Labs Atom Amp+, iFi Audio Zen Air).

IAtaman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello and welcome to ASR :)

With regards to power, Aiyima A5 Pro manufacturing specs says it can deliver can deliver 400mW to 32ohm. Thats is more than enough to power for Sundara. For sound quality, there are some specs on the product page but no reference to measurement conditions are given so how realiable those specs - hard to say.

OP
I

IanTips

Hello and welcome to ASR :)

With regards to power, Aiyima A5 Pro manufacturing specs says it can deliver can deliver 400mW to 32ohm. Thats is more than enough to power for Sundara. For sound quality, there are some specs on the product page but no reference to measurement conditions are given so how realiable those specs - hard to say.
Aight thanks mate

Top Bottom