• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ciúnas DAC USB DAC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xulonn

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Funny how all the reviews & all the users report how good the DAC sounds - even the two that supplied their DACs to Amir.
I've toured the ISO-DAC & ISO-SPDIF on PinkFishMedia UK forum & again unanimous reports of great sound

Are you implying that all DACs sound the same, since blind testing shows no difference in the sound of well designed DACs - and even electronics disasters like your Ciúnas units can sound good?

(Why does the term "Dunning-Kruger" keep popping into my mind as I read and participate in this astounding thread.)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Let's see anybody here step up & admit to
AMIR MEASURED & LISTENED TO AN OLD DAC (>7 YEARS OLD) WITH A DEAD BATTERY & PUBLISHED THESE IN THIS THREAD

Do you disagree with this? Why can't he admit this & correct his mistake?

Does this site claim to be objective? Then show this fact prominently on the first post i.e these are measurements of a DAC with a dead battery

He already suggested a perfectly good "correction":
I want to ask this in a formal way even though I know the answer:

Would you please send one of your latest models for review and testing?

It doesn't change the fact that the insides of your product is a train wreck. You would redeem yourself quite a bit in my book if you would admit to that.

Ciunas Audio1

So you want me to ignore the many mistakes in evidence in this deeply flawed set of measurements of a >7 year old broken DAC & the reluctance by Amir to admit to these mistakes or anybody here to admit to this & show any objectivity - ignore all this & provide Amir with a current model in anticipation of an objective & unbiased review & measurements?

How naive do you think I am?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So you want me to ignore the many mistakes in evidence in this deeply flawed set of measurements of a >7 year old broken DAC & the reluctance by Amir to admit to these mistakes or anybody here to admit to this & show any objectivity - ignore all this & provide Amir with a current model in anticipation of an objective & unbiased review & measurements?

Well, nice pictures of the innards of your current designs would be a nice first step.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
ignore all this & provide Amir with a current model in anticipation of an objective & unbiased review & measurements?

Yes. What do you have to lose? You have the silver bullet. Why not just pull the trigger?

*In a profound voice*: "Amir tested a 7 year old DAC with a dead battery..." *Looks around. Nothing has changed.* o_O

Last edited:

Ciunas Audio1

Yes. What do you have to lose? You have the silver bullet. Why not just pull the trigger?
Because this review is just promulgating lies & this needs to be corrected if you guys want to retain any semblance of objectivity - what's the name of the forum audiosciencereview? if that means completely bogus reviews & lies served up as scientific measurements & review, then let it stand as is.

If you expect readers to look on this site & its members as having any semblance of objectivity & truthfulness then the mistakes of these measurements & review needs to be admitted to & clearly displayed on post 1 of the thread.

So far this admission is sadly lacking

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So no objectivity or truthfulness here - Amir & his believers need to openly admit what they know is true - HE MEASURED A DAC WITH A DEAD BATTERY
No need to cry - this was already told many postings ago. How would you know otherwise? But it was safer this way - a good battery might impose a great danger, mounted like this and without any fuses. Oh, and there are still 10 open questions you somehow seems to have not seen ...

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

You're answering that question all on your own, at least in terms of the fundamentals... That whole ohms law thing didn't help.

No response on the 'soldering' I suppose...

Oh that's right...it's Amir's fault...

This really has been great.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
If you expect readers to look on this site & its members as having any semblance of objectivity & truthfulness then the mistakes of these measurements & review needs to be admitted to & clearly displayed on post 1 of the thread.

So... if Amir makes a note in the review about the dead battery, you'd happily answer all of our questions?

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You mean no admission by you or Amir that the measurements & listening are for a 7 year old DAC with a dead battery & you want me to do your bidding?

That's my first post in this thread. I am not sure I have something to admit. It does indeed appear that the measurements are indeed of an old device with a dead battery. I don't think anyone disputes that.

Objectively, you are now possibly facing a very severe impact on your business. I don't think you are going to sell many of your devices in the future if people interested in them dabble in Internet searches. A decent damage control strategy would be to apologize for early prototypes and show the world how your designs have improved, at least in terms of safety, over the years.

While I do understand the first review was probably initially requested by someone who had an ax to grind, you have to admit your build quality isn't that impressive (cough, cough). That would be the first issue to address in terms of PR, imho.

Ciunas Audio1

Keep going you guys - your destroying any semblance of objectivity this forum might have had but like a lot of misinformation posted on here the relationship to accuracy & truth is very tenuous & there's a careless attitude towards any truth

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Because this review is just promulgating lies & this needs to be corrected if you guys want to retain any semblance of objectivity - what's the name of the forum audiosciencereview? if that means completely bogus reviews & lies served up as scientific measurements & review, then let it stand as is.

So far this admission is sadly lacking

Let's see.. Amir is making sh*t up and the DAC owner is an idiot. Seems to be the sum total of your contributions to this thread.

Ciunas Audio1

That's my first post in this thread. I am not sure I have something to admit. It does indeed appear that the measurements are indeed of an old device with a dead battery. I don't think anyone disputes that.
So an admission by one member in a post buried in the 18 pages of posts is not of much significance if you are concerned about reputation management, is it?
Can you show me any other members who have posted this admission? Can you show me where Amir admits this & has put it prominently on the first post?

When an incorrect first page headline is printed, the professional approach, when the error is pointed out is to printed a correction prominently on the first page. Are you saying this should not be done?

Last edited:

Ciunas Audio1

Let's see.. Amir is making sh*t up and the DAC owner is an idiot. Seems to be the sum total of your contributions to this thread.
Keep going, you are presenting a very clear impression of this forum by your posts. The site badly needs some unbiased moderation to retain any bit of reputation it might still have

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Keep going, you are presenting a very clear impression of this forum by your posts. The site badly needs some unbiased moderation to retain any bit of reputation it might still have

I'd vote to remove all the posts except the first one and all of yours.

garbulky

Major Contributor
Well if it was me, of course I wouldn't send Amir a new DAC after the reception I got here - there is a lot of unprofessionalism here. When dealing with manufacturers I would suggest treating them all equally with respect and consideration. I think the only reason for this behavior I've seen boils down to "he deserves it" which is a poor excuse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom