• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ciúnas DAC USB DAC Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt196

I cannot understand who the frick cares about Amirm tested a DAC with a battery that won't hold charge when the entire unit is faulty, badly soldered and assembled and RISKY for the user safety

All this thread is not just about your DAC measurements, it is about you selling a product that does not meet any safety regulation for as much as 400-700€ also saying that the case will insulate against shortcuts and make your dac safe, hiding behind the fact that if nobody got hurt in the last years it means it is safe. Who would even buy anything again from a person that thinks safety as "nobody got hurt, so the product is proved to be safe"?

oldsysop

Your products are just as bad, but I must say that John Kenny is more fun / witty / delusional / creative than Vincent Brient (TotalDac)
What's more, I think JK is having fun.
:p

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Yes, after 24 pages you did post what I had suggested many pages ago but as usual Amir has rejected this
Sure but guesswork is guesswork & standard measurements are standard measurements
Indeed, most people outside of this backwater on the internet are interested in sound & universally the DAC (in all its various models through the years) has come up trumps.
ASR members may believe that all DACs sound the same & navel gaze on measurements which say nothing about sound quality but others have better things to do & enjoyment to be had listening to music playback which gives them more joy than other DACs

I don't trust Amir motivations one bit & this thread has reinforced my opinion even further

I would go so far as rather than a reflection on my DAC this thread/review will remain as a sorry testament on both Amir & most of the members here.
So truthfully you don't care about measured performance and acknowledge your designs won't likely shine when put in front of a AP machine. ( Why bang on about testing it with a new battery then ?) You don't value measurements.

You prefer to go on sighted listening tests and that's how your going to continue.

Fair enough, let's move on from that then and just post some pictures of the internals of your latest offerings .. go get one now and post it.

We can agree to disagree on your design principles but we can all agree the build practices employed on these units are shockingly bad .

Lets Show they are not typical of what you offer now .

I will then close the thread and give those pictures the last word.

People then can make their own minds up.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Nothings come forward, but I will leave the thread closed .

A note , I thank @Ciunas Audio1 for his contributions in defence of his product . I will not make any further judgment on the back and forth but to say this ,

The measurements and validity of those measurements that @Ciunas Audio1 called into question showed the best side of this device when compared to its build and dubious design merits and his own confusion over what model it was. ( Still don't think anyone knows lol)

One can ask then why it was those measurements that were the focus of his defence , while though not particularly great they represent the mildest of the failings we discovered .

Folks can make their own minds up about all this .

Thanks for reading and congratulations if you made it through to the end, go and have a lay down you deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom