• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

coonmanx

This thing is all over the net now and I think Tekton is simply doing damage control now because the threat of legal actiion backfired. The thread over at Audiholics in interesting and quite a few people are not accepting Eric Alexander's spin on the situation...
Screenshot at 2024-04-10 15-58-15.png

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To be clear, even today I have email from Eric asking to have his lawyer talk to mine. What they would talk about, he won't tell.
I bet (guessing) it's to get you to agree not review anymore of his speakers. That's been the goal all along. Piss off the measurement guys to get his speakers out of there.

Bruce Morgen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This thing is all over the net now and I think Tekton is simply doing damage control now because the threat of legal actiion backfired. The thread over at Audiholics in interesting and quite a few people are not accepting Eric Alexander's spin on the situation...
View attachment 362809
Folks who tout such patents as some sort of confirmation of their expertise are more often than not just engaging in the sort of chest-beating exercise typical of the "legend in my own mind" sort of egotism.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
To be clear, even today I have email from Eric asking to have his lawyer talk to mine. What they would talk about, he won't tell.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken: Wouldn't such a request normally come directly from his attorney?

EDIT: I WAS mistaken! Quoting @Dialectic in post #1025 (and, THANK YOU for the correction!):

"No, in the United States, every state has a version of what is commonly known as the "no contact" rule. If a third party is represented by its own counsel, your lawyer can get in trouble with the state bar for communicating directly with the third party instead of through that party's counsel."

Last edited:

BurntFinger

Forum Donor
It could be just a fishing expedition to determine what legal firm he may have to go up against.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Unusual . Usually you just get a certified letter from an attorney directly discussing the legal issue.
Yes, I'm pretty sure the normal thing is the attorney contacts YOU, and then you connect them to your own attorney.

But usually there's also some kind of recognizable legal issue, not just a misunderstanding about how a Klippel works.

Roland68

Major Contributor
I would advise against doing something like that.
Here, something like this would be seen as extremely dubious behavior, and the fact that @Eric Alexander has a lawyer who gets involved in such dubious games speaks for itself...

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I would advise against doing something like that.
Here, something like this would be seen as extremely dubious behavior, and the fact that @Eric Alexander has a lawyer who gets involved in such dubious games speaks for itself...

Yeah….listen to him ^, I’ve watched “Better Call Saul”….twice……and jeeez :oops:….Lawyers get up to some bad shit.

Last edited:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom