• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 58 17.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 260 78.8%

• Total voters

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I periodically get clicks when playing files, the settings do not help. Connected via USB, could there be a problem with my power supply?
There is a workaround for this I believe.
Have you tried this?

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning

ercapoccia

I'm a complete noob in hi-fi equipment, i've read a lot but there is a lot to digest. A quick question about the output setting in Win11PRO with USB when i'm listening with Tidal Premium, should i set the maximum quality possible 32 bit 384kHz or should i set 24bit 192kHz that is the maximum quality in streaming? Something in between?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm a complete noob in hi-fi equipment, i've read a lot but there is a lot to digest. A quick question about the output setting in Win11PRO with USB when i'm listening with Tidal Premium, should i set the maximum quality possible 32 bit 384kHz or should i set 24bit 192kHz that is the maximum quality in streaming? Something in between?
If you set your Tidal application to Exclusive mode, then the output settings in Win11 do not matter as Tidal will play all files at their native sample rates. This is the optimal way.

Abdul2

Smsl drop new DL300 , What the hell smsl thinking dropping new device every couple month's

seanman

Just wanted to add I am also getting the issue where the smallest static discharge into the jack or attached headphone will either reset the dac fully and lose audio or will just lose audio without the display flickering. Thought I was tripping out but saw some posts in here confirming it's not just me. I just got this a few weeks ago and definitely will be returning it.

GL00CK

Hello, I hope you can help me.
I just bought the SMLS C200. I am convinced to buy the Beyerdynamic DT990 edition. What do you think is the Combo that can give me the best musical experience: the 32 Ohms, 250 or 600 Ohms? My intention is to always use the headphones with the amplifier and only to watch TV(films) and play PS5. No music. Right now there is an offer in which the 600 Ohm one is 33% cheaper. I'm tempted to buy the 600 Ohm ones but I'm afraid that I won't be able to move them easily and will demand too much from the amplifier.
32, 250 or 600 ohms?
Thank you very much for your advice.

K@non

Hola, espero que puedas ayudarme.
Acabo de comprar el SMLS C200. Estoy convencido de comprar la edición Beyerdynamic DT990. ¿Cuál crees que es el Combo que me puede dar la mejor experiencia musical: los de 32 Ohms, 250 o 600 Ohms? Mi intención es usar siempre los auriculares con el amplificador y solo para ver la televisión (películas) y jugar PS5. Nada de música. Ahora mismo hay una oferta en la que el de 600 Ohm es un 33% más barato. Estoy tentado de comprar los de 600 ohmios, pero me temo que no podré moverlos fácilmente y exigiré demasiado del amplificador.
¿32, 250 o 600 ohmios?
Muchas gracias por tus consejos.
Simplemente tengo la misma combinación, pero tengo los 250 ohmios, y la verdad es que para juegos son muy buenos cumple de todos modos, aunque me parece que no tendría problemas con un 600, no creo que los juegos le saquen el jugo, los auriculares beyerdinamic dt990 pro los tengo hace varios años y fácilmente este DAC da muy buenos resultados.

agpanoz

My original E30 died and replaced the E30/L30 stack with the C200 a couple of weeks ago. Using it mostly with the Drop Dan Clark Closed X via the 6.35mm jack. I’m very happy listening on high gain at about 55 volume with Qobuz on my iPhone or MacBook Air using usb c. Great device!

GL00CK

Simplemente tengo la misma combinación, pero tengo los 250 ohmios, y la verdad es que para juegos son muy buenos cumple de todos modos, aunque me parece que no tendría problemas con un 600, no creo que los juegos le saquen el jugo, los auriculares beyerdinamic dt990 pro los tengo hace varios años y fácilmente este DAC da muy buenos resultados.
Al final he encargado el SMSL DL200. La nueva versión del C200, el cual devolvere. Es un poco más potente, pasa de 1,3W @ 32 Ohms a 1,5W@ 32 Ohms. Espero no equivocarme con un equipo menos contrastado.

In the end I ordered the SMSL DL200. The new version of the C200, which I will return. It is a little more powerful, going from 1.3W @ 32Ohms to 1.5W @ 32 Ohms. I hope I don't make a mistake with a less proven team.

Was looking into this to get xlm and a real power supply. But it does seem that a lot of the smsl dacs have various problems, more often than I do enjoy reading about it.
I had an SU1 that after a week died on me. Showing the lights on the front side, but does pass any audio whatsoever.
So I had to send it back and it's on its way now. So I started reading more about other ones, figured that the su1 is a cheap dac.
Is there a solid DAC, I mean besides RME? They are extremely reliable in their performance, but there is a bunch out there measuring better.
I´ve used them in my studio and they have never failed. But I'm trying to get one for the stereo. :)
What should one aim for? Would appreciate some ideas.

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Was looking into this to get xlm and a real power supply. But it does seem that a lot of the smsl dacs have various problems, more often than I do enjoy reading about it.
I had an SU1 that after a week died on me. Showing the lights on the front side, but does pass any audio whatsoever.
So I had to send it back and it's on its way now. So I started reading more about other ones, figured that the su1 is a cheap dac.
Is there a solid DAC, I mean besides RME? They are extremely reliable in their performance, but there is a bunch out there measuring better.
I´ve used them in my studio and they have never failed. But I'm trying to get one for the stereo. :)
What should one aim for? Would appreciate some ideas.
The Topping E50 has been on the market for a couple of years and I perceive from the review thread that it is regarded as generally reliable

My (sample size of one) Topping E50 has been working well for 55 weeks.

The Topping E50 has been on the market for a couple of years and I perceive from the review thread that it is regarded as generally reliable

My (sample size of one) Topping E50 has been working well for 55 weeks.
Thank you. Will look into that one as well. Figure I buy a cheap awesome one now, and then later next year save up for a higher-end scale one, whatever that will be there and then.

SergeiF

Я поменял видеокарту и в наушниках стали появляться помехи при загрузке контента, что это может быть?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Я поменял видеокарту и в наушниках стали появляться помехи при загрузке контента, что это может быть?
It's common-mode noise that goes from your PC, across the USB cable, into the DL200.

Here are two solutions:
Both solutions will prevent electrical noise finding its way into the DL200.

SergeiF

Это синфазный шум, который передается от вашего ПК по USB-кабелю в DL200.

Вот два решения:
Оба решения предотвратят проникновение электрических помех в DL200.
Спасибо большое, на моей плате есть SPDIF OUT, но мне нужен переходник. На SMSL c200 использовать выход «ОПТИЧЕСКИЙ»? У этой модели очень ненадежный USB, надеюсь это решит все мои проблемы

staticV3

Master Contributor
Спасибо большое, на моей плате есть SPDIF OUT, но мне нужен переходник. На SMSL c200 использовать выход «ОПТИЧЕСКИЙ»? У этой модели очень ненадежный USB, надеюсь это решит все мои проблемы
Yes, use the Optical port on the C200. That provides electrical isolation.

Reactions: jsm

gcompari

I periodically get clicks when playing files, the settings do not help. Connected via USB, could there be a problem with my power supply?
I have the same problem, but only with one PC: the others work flawlessy.
SMSL sent me the link to upgrade the firmware, but nothing changed.
I tried the SMSL DO100 and it do the same clicks/pops during playback.
If I remove the TheSycon driver from SMSL and I use the Windows 11 embedded USB Audio Class 2 driver, there are no more pops/clicks, but the speed of track skipping slows down and I ear some little noises between the tracks and skipping into the same track.
I'm now in touch with SMSL to solve the problem: I sent them a recording of the C200 output with clicks & pops.
Today I discovered the problem happens only when I use the Intel A200 WiFi 6 adapter of the PC.

Top Bottom