• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Show us your Cars

GaryY

Forum Donor
First I need to really deep wash my car tontemove aome sticky little particles. But the whole clay thing seems harsh...
And if you are really doing claying, you want to apply enough lubricant to avoid scratch.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My car kinda looks like this:
202312_ClayBar.png

Some dude in PA does a whole bunch of compounding, sanding, polishing, and clay-baring that would make mine look like this:
202312_Claybar2.jpg

Then, he finishes the whole thing with "ceramic coating".:oops:
His blog shows the details of his whole process, including before/after photos of the results.
I lost him when he said that the headlights need to be taken to a paint shop for clearcoat (after he sands them down w/400+ grit).

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way the detailing hobby (I am also into it since decades) is unfortunately like hifi also full of wrong myths as results of not real systematic objective testing and boutique high end products usually perform objectively poorer than good affordable ones from large manufacturers which make and test their products on their own (most detailing companies just have have them made and labelled by some OEM).

GaryY

Forum Donor
By the way the detailing hobby (I am also into it since decades) is unfortunately like hifi also full of wrong myths as results of not real systematic objective testing and boutique high end products usually perform objectively poorer than good affordable ones from large manufacturers which make and test their products on their own (most detailing companies just have have them made and labelled by some OEM).
Yes, correct, sometimes it's more than hifi world with ridiculous high price. 250ml wax costs 800 pfund,...but sold out. :)

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My car kinda looks like this:
View attachment 332680
Some dude in PA does a whole bunch of compounding, sanding, polishing, and clay-baring that would make mine look like this:
View attachment 332681
Then, he finishes the whole thing with "ceramic coating".:oops:
His blog shows the details of his whole process, including before/after photos of the results.
I lost him when he said that the headlights need to be taken to a paint shop for clearcoat (after he sands them down w/400+ grit).
And I haven't even washed my car from NEW!
I have had it for over 4 months. But it hasn't stopped raining yet!

ErVikingo

I have been using TurboWax Products for years now. Excellent results and access to QA if needed.

They did my TTRS at their lab.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And I haven't even washed my car from NEW!
I have had it for over 4 months. But it hasn't stopped raining yet!
@Ken Tajalli, That is about the best time to wash a car [imho].
There is not even guilt for suds washing down the sewer.
A rain-jacket is advised!
That is about the ONLY time I wash my car.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Someone on Balboa Island did not get this 2017 McLaren F1 car as a Christmas present, this year...
202312_McLaren2017-01.jpg

I will let you figure out how they got this car onto to this corner-house on an island that is surrounded by a shallow waterway.
This map should make 'figuring it out' even more difficult!:facepalm:
202312_McLaren2017Map.jpg

Owners of the house are team sponsors, and please don't even ponder the cost of such a display that will be there for just a week.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I'd like to see a pedestrian crash safety test carried out with the Tesla truck, preferably with Elon standing in front of it.

I reckon I could watch that in slo-mo ... over and over. :eek:

ErVikingo

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
caterham, english car, english spirit...in french we say "tu y fous le cul, tu es foutu !!"
Wait a second:
"Tu es foutu" (English: "You're screwed/fucked") is a song by Italian dancer and singer-songwriter In-Grid.
I never understood this Caterham thingy... let alone figure out how to pronounce it.
Like the front of that car -- under the bonnet hood -- you can probably stuff a Williams WR19 turbofan AND still have room for your weekend luggage!:facepalm:
Or 2X four-bangers...

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Wait a second:

I never understood this Caterham thingy... let alone figure out how to pronounce it.
Like the front of that car -- under the bonnet hood -- you can probably stuff a Williams WR19 turbofan AND still have room for your weekend luggage!:facepalm:
The long bonet (hood) is so that the engine can be set well back from the front wheels, such that the weight distribution of the car is pretty much 50/50 front and rear, much the way a mid engined car is.

Or 2X four-bangers...

Does a V8 count?:

1702330377417.jpeg

ViperDom

It definitely is Laguna Seca!

Very nice! (My fav track via GranTurismo) :)

My brother has done a couple track days there. He now prefers canyon cruises and usually tries to have one planned for when i visit LA. His crew is top-notch, all with modified cars and racing experiance. I'll see if i can dig up a few pics to post. Would be funny if you recognise anyone/car...

Top Bottom