• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

JSmith

Master Contributor
I live in France
@VintageFlanker might be interested... if you bought one and sent it to him for testing that is, as he is also in Paris and has been testing gear recently. Worth noting his test setup is not as able as Amir's AP though, however is still excellent data.

I won't speak for Amir, but if you paid for delivery to him, he might pay for delivery to you after the testing... keeping in mind he has a backlog of items to test.

JSmith

ReinhardS

i would like to see channel separation over frequency and out-of-audiorange noise measurements.
That would be a great addition to the very helpful reports here.

Alex5

Hello JSmith :)

(It' about the Rod Rain Audio DA10 DAC)

I understand very well but I live in France so it seems quite complicated to me... :(

Regards.
Hello ,

Would you have a list of your mod parts for that DAC I have just purchased also thanks to your post about it.

Merci par avance.;)
Alex

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey @amirm I'm curious if the AP can be set up for noise modulation tests of DACs? I always thought that was an interesting test but it seems to have disappeared. This thread seems more about what model to test next, but given so many with super low noise and distortion I feel it is more interesting to move into the area of testing how, if at all, do those differ.

Another interesting test from the distant past put a small high frequency tone on top of a very low frequency one; the idea is the LF moved the HF through all the bits in an offset way, so nonlinearities in some of the bits were audible. That was on a Japanese test disc, more a listening test however.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Audirect ATOM3 ESS9280 AC Pro Portable DAC Headphone Amplifier Atom 3 DSD512 3.5mm SE Output USB Type C/Lightning Input DAC Amp
ATOM3 TYPE-C

tensor9

Forum Donor
I would love to see an Esoteric Grandioso DAC measured! I’m curious as to what $50k gets you. :)

ICIETDIYEUR

Hello everyone :)

Here is a photo of my 'Rod Rain Audio DA10' DAC with its new OPAMPS ->

DAC Rod Rain Audio DA10.jpg

(other changes are also made)

I still haven't taken any measurements on this device because I don't have the instruments to do so. :(

I have tried many OPAMPS and these are what I find the most 'musical', that is my own opinion: this notion is purely subjective since there is no device capable of measuring the quality of musicality...

Here are some detailed photos of these OPAMPS and a brief technical sheet ->

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 - Dessus A.jpg

5 - Dessous A.jpg

Page 1.jpg

Page 2.jpg

Here is the link where you can get his OPAMPS ->

Regards.

Top Bottom