• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Mesanovic CDM65 monitors

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks veeeery nice indeed!
-3dB @ 36Hz

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes. US Street price is $2649 per speaker. We are offering the Stereo Hub for free if you place a preorder for a pair before March 31st at one of our authorized dealers. Orders will begin shipping early May, possibly sooner.
That sounds pretty good for a modern, straightforward all-in-one system. An interesting alternative to the well-known studio monitors in the middle ground (price-wise) between KEF LS50 and D&D/Kii. Good luck!

RobL

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm not at all convinced the 8c has audible distortion, but distortion measured in different ways by different people probably isn't comparable.

These look like great speakers, and with the hub are an all in one solution for most people.
Both are Klippel measurements by EAC.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
They look super hitting that middle ground price wise, cardioid brings a worthwhile improvement 8Cs to 8Ms GGNTKT cardioid or monopole just that bit clearer .
Keith

OP
S

samysound

Both are Klippel measurements by EAC.
The Mesanovic website states distortion measurements for the CDM65 were conducted in their anechoic chamber. However, if EAC also has Klippel measurements, it would interesting to compare the Mesanovic measurements and the EAC

Last edited:

deni

Audio Company
The Mesanovic website states distortion measurements for the CDM65 were conducted in their anechoic chamber. However, EAC also as Klippel measurements, it would interesting to compare the Mesanovic measurements and the EAC
Our distortion measurements are virtually identical to EAC which you will see when his review is published. The only difference was the 100-250Hz area.

Distortion measurements are interesting. I've listened to both the Kii's and 8C's and did not hear a hint of distortion even though their measurements show what some would regard as high distortion below 300Hz.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Me neither, with the Kiis/BXT you can switch the bass modules in and out, bass distortion measurements are much better with the BXTs engaged but I couldn’t actually hear any distortion without them at extremely high spls.
Keith

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Are these the poor audiophiles Kii 3?

jaakkopetteri

What's the propriety (sic) DSP doing here in general terms? Is there more to it than delaying and inverting the subs for the cardioid action and crossing them so they act "normally" below the crossover?

deni

Audio Company
What's the propriety (sic) DSP doing here in general terms? Is there more to it than delaying and inverting the subs for the cardioid action and crossing them so they act "normally" below the crossover?
It's a bit more involved than that. The response of the side woofers needs to be delayed and shaped to get good attenuation. These two variables can be tweaked and adjusted in endless ways as you can imagine, thus giving you control over how much attenuation and where you want it to happen. You also have to consider the physical design of the cabinet and driver placement. Our "cardioid" tuning has a 30dB null at around 200Hz at 180 degrees. It does not have as much attenuation as the Kii or 8C, but we may offer various "cardioid" or "supercardioid" tunings that have various levels of attenuation and the deep null at around 140-150 degrees rather than 180. This first "cardioid" tuning that we went with had a fairly smooth transition area (500Hz-1k). It's difficult to describe the effect vs our "standard" tuning, but it is certainly audible and I'm sure very room/placement dependent. Hope that helps!

Last edited:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Review by @hardisj :
1000013518.jpg

1000013519.png

Would love to know the OEM manufacturer of that amp/dsp module!
That's exactly the same used by Buchardt and System Audio. As far as I can tell: reliability is just not there (already had to swap two in less than two years. I doubt @muslhead would disagree). About the Platin's Stereo Hub, then... no words. Just a piece of software garbage.

Are these the poor audiophiles Kii 3?
... Or ugly Buchardt A500s? :p

Last edited:

YSC

Major Contributor
looked really nice! and great measurement. seems of very controlled size also, too bad it seems unavailable to Hong Kong for after sales servicing, and price is a bit above comfort zone for the WAF to me

dfuller

Major Contributor
What's really interesting to me is that these seem to be the only cardioid loaded system that doesn't have increased midbass distortion from the cardioid loading.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What's really interesting to me is that these seem to be the only cardioid loaded system that doesn't have increased midbass distortion from the cardioid loading.

Probably because it is sealed and the cancellation is purely achieved via placement of the side woofers, and manipulating phase + magnitude response. Compared to the vents the DD 8C uses together with rear woofers.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Probably because it is sealed and the cancellation is purely achieved via placement of the side woofers, and manipulating phase + magnitude response. Compared to the vents the DD 8C uses together with rear woofers.
The Kii does too, and last I checked it also has somewhat increased distortion vs a standard speaker.

tktran303

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Me neither, with the Kiis/BXT you can switch the bass modules in and out, bass distortion measurements are much better with the BXTs engaged but I couldn’t actually hear any distortion without them at extremely high spls.
Keith

This is a great speaker that is almost faultless, for what it is. Well done MM.

On the other hand the size limitation results in the increase distortion. You don’t “hear distortion” per se. What you hear is the dynamic range limitation, which Erin’s shows with his compression measurements.

You need larger woofers, or more woofers (or both!) to get closer to that sound of that live music, eg. That kick drum or tympani or drum kit-

… MM have another speaker for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom