• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Plcamp

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Deciding such a game by penalty shots is just a horrible thing IMO.

killdozzer

Major Contributor
Fešta.jpg

NDRQ

IMO, one of the worst WC ever. Most matches were extremely boring, even the final wasnt that good, the first 70 min was sleeptime and everything ended in the worst possible way, decided by penalties. I think at the final they should still use the golden goal rule, so there is no excuse, you have to attack if u want to win.

KellenVancouver

Deciding such a game by penalty shots is just a horrible thing IMO.
Couldn't agree more. There is always some element of luck in any contest, but integrating it to the extreme of penalty shots as we saw today is just wrong. Too bad for France. I doubt they'll ever change that rule, but it does suck.

Plcamp

Perhaps the best World Cup Final EVER!
Zero doubt.

Messi became GOAT and Mbappi (loses with a hat trick??) proved he is the best player RN…in one match.

No other sporting event can claim that.

The only (but significant) problem with this game was deciding it by penalties instead of OT. That does not need to be the way to do that

And it’s still the best single game, in any sport, I have ever witnessed

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Rollercoaster final! Congrats, Argentina, well deserved.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fantastic game! A recent trip to England got me interested in football and this World Cup has made me a fan. The final was an absolute war. Either team could have won. It just came down to Martinez vs. Lloris. Exciting is an understatement. I was on the edge of my seat for 120+ minutes.

Martin

Mal

I'm British and followed football avidly in my youth, not so much recently. But "World Cup final", so I thought "must watch it". What a match! Best final, perhaps best match, I've seen. Non-fans, give this at least half an hour and watch "extra time". The beautiful game at its best. Messi, the old master, in a wonderful swan song, the young pretender Mbappé rising to glory, It was like the greatest of individual competitions (Borg vs McEnroe, Mohammed Ali vs Joe Frasier, ...) combined with the greatest of team performances. Don't think I've ever seen the like. Greatest sporting contest ever? It is a strange old game! The excitement of that late come back by France just ramped up the excitement to impossible levels, and then that extra time period with the two sides playing with all out excellence was just jaw droppingly wonderful...

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That was a true roller coaster of a match. Mbappe dragging France back only to falter in the penalties. Messi finally cements his status as one of the greats with personal achievement of winning the world cup.

Top Bottom