• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH150

Pritaudio

When do you think they may cut street prices below €1650.
I don’t think they will have any introduction offers.
It maybe a long wait for that to happen.

although some retailers may do bundle offers with the ma1 microphone.

SlothRock

I'm still new to active studio monitors so someone please tell me why I'd want AES67 capability? Is it just if I want to hook them up to my network so I can play music on them from any device wirelessly essentially? Any other functionality that makes it worthwhile?

TurtlePaul

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm still new to active studio monitors so someone please tell me why I'd want AES67 capability? Is it just if I want to hook them up to my network so I can play music on them from any device wirelessly essentially? Any other functionality that makes it worthwhile?
It is for installations primarily. Some people will have presentation rooms that have power and ethernet run but limited ability to fish new audio cables through the wall.

SlothRock

It is for installations primarily. Some people will have presentation rooms that have power and ethernet run but limited ability to fish new audio cables through the wall.
Awesome, thanks! I just have my speakers acting as normal desktop speakers hooked up to the preamp of my headphone amp. Looks like AES67 isn’t needed and I can save $$ if I decide to get these

jae

Major Contributor
Will Windows/macOS automatically automatically detect them as an audio output device on the network? Is a separate interface still required these days?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Awesome, thanks! I just have my speakers acting as normal desktop speakers hooked up to the preamp of my headphone amp. Looks like AES67 isn’t needed and I can save $$ if I decide to get these
Yep.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Screenshot_20220810-005741_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-005719_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-005643_Chrome.jpg

Considering these prices
I'd say €1650 is a bit much for a 6.5 inch

Last edited:

Rednaxela

Major Contributor
Only the top one is a contender right? What am I missing?

changer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
A competitor is lowering prices to deny market shares. Are these prices sustainable? Who knows. And since when has this board become a shelter for defecting MBAs? :rolleyes:

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Before some serious and comparable measurements are posted this is all just speculation, for example the KH150 could have one of the new generations hightech midwoofers which allow it play at max SPL levels as a 8" competitor one, comparisons should be made according to that.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Unfortunately prices of almost everything have significantly risen in this year, so it doesn't really make sense to compare to the past.
Also according to the Thomann listing that seems to be the list price without discount (since it is brand new) and the recommended list price of its direct competitor is virtually the same:

View attachment 225953
Sources: https://www.thomann.de/de/neumann_kh_150.htm & https://www.thomann.de/de/genelec_8340_apm.htm
Yes, but still I feel the price gap between an 8 inch 3-way KH310 vs a 6.5 inch 2-way is not that big.

dickiefunk

Good to see these are now up on the Neumann website. I’m keen to hear these when they become available. Also hoping there will be some info on the KH120II as I’m wondering if these are the same as the original KH120’s with the DSP feature added or whether there are some other more significant changes.

Top Bottom