• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adobe Reader is now by subscription for rotating and adjusting pages. More $$$!

dougi

Addicted to Fun and Learning

Neale

Anybody know of a nice pdf viewer freeware software other than Adobe Reader?

I am using the paid version (once off, not subscription) of the full Foxit PDF Editor Pro, which is excellent and as good or better than the full Adobe Acrobat DC (which I used until I retired).

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@restorer-john I installed Libre and can't find a rotate function. is there one? If there is no rotate function then GIMP is superior for pdf's.
libre.png

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well. I installed Libre and Foxit. Foxit has issues opening the pdf and Libre opens it but does not rotate easily. It appears GIMP is the best and it has shell right click access too for ease of access.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Acrobat Reader DC is free.

@Doodski , something else must be wrong in your installation config…
I thought so too. All indications I have in the screenshots are to a new paid annual subscription for extra features like rotate.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
I thought so too. All indications I have in the screenshots are to a new paid annual subscription for extra features like rotate.

For $16.99/month you get the entire Adobe studio. I just checked my Reader is still there - free and rotating. Not saving rotated pages, but you can view them rotated and print…

EDIT: and “Acrobat Standard” is NOT “Acrobat Reader” :)

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Doodski, as soon as you click the image, you will see the properties.

1657498214989.png

carlcamper

I use PDF Xchange on Windows as it has the fastest and smoothest scrolling so far. It has both as free and paid version, I use the free one.

Omar Cumming

There is a difference in many programs between rotating the view (many can do this) and rotating it so it can be saved in the rotated orientation (not many can do this). Make sure the rotated view is saved.

Cheers

Last edited:

mSpot

I updated my free Acrobat Reader DC to the latest version on Windows 10. Rotate View is still there in the View menu and it works.

AcrobatDCrotate.png

Last edited:

mSpot

Hmmz. I checked for updates, found none and still no rotation without a subscription.
I originally wrote Edit menu and have corrected it to View menu. What do you see under your View menu, and could you take a screenshot of Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

Top Bottom