• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1

Oilman

I owned both, and I really haven't seen any visual benefits of the AI upscaler.
What is your setup? A TV or projector? I currently own both. On an Epson 6050 and 135” screen it’s a massive difference. If it weren’t for Apple TV+ I would have already ditched the Apple TV.

exm

What is your setup? A TV or projector? I currently own both. On an Epson 6050 and 135” screen it’s a massive difference. If it weren’t for Apple TV+ I would have already ditched the Apple TV.

85" TV. I believe you if the AI might work for a projector. I used to own a 6040UB (about 3 years back), and I hear you about the benefits with the likes of AI or Panasonic UHD players.

#1artist

exm said "Why are you using Arc (or is it eArch?) with such a nice unit as the MP60? My recommendation is to invest a bit of money in either the last-gen 2.1 Apple TV or the Nvidia Shield (whatever you prefer). This will give you a much superior streaming alternative."

I would like to thank exm for sending me in the right direction Also, I ordered the newest Apple TV. I hope this link works:

Last edited:

#1artist

If you need digital help as you quoted, skip the Nvidia and get the 2021 Apple TV. Super simple and works great. It also supports hdmi 2.1.
I got the one with 64GB. I responded to your earlier suggestion to get Apple TV K4 but I forgot to click the reply button.

#1artist

Does anyone know what was included in the new MP60 firmware update? I don't see any info at Lyngdorf. I'm trying to find the best way to include MQA streaming through the MP60. I see Lyngdorf included MQA processing in their TDAI-3400 integrated amp. I have a PSAudio DS DAC which acts as a MQA renderer. I used to stream MQA Tidal with Win 11 through Audirvana/UltraRendu/Matrix-X and into DS DAC via i2s. I'm not sure if any of this will work with the MP60?

#1artist

I decided it's time to reorganize the wires. I'll have to replace a rear channel amp since it only has RCA inputs and the MP60 only has XLR connections. They also warn about using XLR/RCA adapters since it's possible the wrong pins may be used on the RCA side. I bought a bundle of zip ties.

Attachments

• After.JPG
    After.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 163
  • wires 2.JPG
    wires 2.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 172

#1artist

Why are you using Arc (or is it eArch?) with such a nice unit as the MP60? My recommendation is to invest a bit of money in either the last-gen 2.1 Apple TV or the Nvidia Shield (whatever you prefer). This will give you a much superior streaming alternative.
The ARC cable kept my troubles going. This is an update on how I finally past some rough spots on setting up the MP60. I've read other post on settings changing often in the MP60 so this may help someone. Cable routing was my main problem. Lyngdorf says that HDMI out 1 is for ARC. LG has HDMI in 2 marked for ARC. Apple TV says that the input number of the AV processor must be the same as the AV output number. For the MP60 I chose in 2 from Apple TV and Out 2 from the MP60. Since LG reserved in 2 for ARC I routed MP60 out 2 to LG in 1 and I routed MP60 out 1 (ARC) to LG in 2 (ARC). This seemed logical but it caused many problems. If I wanted to view the MP60 setup screen I had to select HDMI 1 on the MP60 Screen. If I wanted to view TV shows I had to select HDMI 2. The audio and video settings would not remain locked, but change on their own. When I pushed the vol I was using the MP60 and the LG TV at the same time and the P12 Power Station shut down. After removing the ARC cable everything settled down. In the control panel I also switched Audio format to Dolby 5.1. Problems gone and sound is amazing and the RoomPerfect processing improved my Magnepan 7.2 system to a whole new level. Don't bother with lessor AVR's if you want one of the best sounding surround systems available.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Good Job, Wires do look better, you would throw up if you saw mine. LOL
Things get so out of hand for us multich guys, just too many damn wires!
I do hope for a day when all connections operate over some totally lossless universal wireless communication system. Only requiring each component a power cord.
But at 72 I fear I'll be long dead before that happens. LOL

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
For regular 4k without HDR pretty much anything should work (I used Monoprice optical) but Dolby Vision will not pass with a long active cable on an AV7703.
Just got around to testing the HDMI Monoprice Optical and it's seems to be working perfectly at 40' and saved me quite a bit of money ($-200) over the Ruipro. Looks to be a nice well made cable. Thanks again Jay.
Sorry for the OT cable stuff guys,but wanted to get the word out that the Monoprice ones also work well for me.
YMMV

hwest

The DAC in the Lyngdorf is a good starting point. But if it has poor SINAD and jitter, plus a dynamic range that is low, those things will push me towards a different AVP.
What DAC is used in the Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 implementation? Doesn't anyone have this information handy? I don't see it published.

Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1​

hwest

Burr brown 1796
There is that classic Burr Brown again providing the best possible sound in these good implimentations. I have that same Burr Brown DAC in my Onkyo PRC-5530 producing amazing sound right now, I just want more capabilities such as DTS X Pro and HDMI 2.1/8K support.

exm

There is that classic Burr Brown again providing the best possible sound in these good implimentations. I have that same Burr Brown DAC in my Onkyo PRC-5530 producing amazing sound right now, I just want more capabilities such as DTS X Pro and HDMI 2.1/8K support.

The Lyngdorf already has hdmi 2.1 and will get dts:x pro soon.

hwest

The Lyngdorf already has hdmi 2.1 and will get dts:x pro soon.
I have heard that the Lyngdorf has poor SINAD and jitter pluse low dynamic range unless they fixed that. I continue to do my research but that seems like what people are saying about the Lyngdorf.

Oilman

I have heard that the Lyngdorf has poor SINAD and jitter pluse low dynamic range unless they fixed that. I continue to do my research but that seems like what people are saying about the Lyngdorf.
Where are you hearing that?

There hasn’t been any published testing on the MP50/MP60, so we really don’t know.

hwest

Where are you hearing that?

There hasn’t been any published testing on the MP50/MP60, so we really don’t know.
That has been the general comments on Lyngdorf not specific to this model. However, it would have to be measured to prove that issue in older models is now resolved in the newer models in my opinion. That's what makes it difficult to move forward with the newer model, no data.

Golfx

Forum Donor
This website is selfsustaining—not needing advertising revenue or even good relations with audio industry. Most all other review websites need good relations with industry to attract and maintain advertising revenue. Unfavorable reviews of industry-supplied machines submitted for review are often not published at the request of the manufacturer. I suspect this may be the case with Lyngdorf. If I recall their amplifier (TDAI-3400) provided to ASR by a member did not test well compared to its price.

hwest

This website is selfsustaining—not needing advertising revenue or even good relations with audio industry. Most all other review websites need good relations with industry to attract and maintain advertising revenue. Unfavorable reviews of industry-supplied machines submitted for review are often not published at the request of the manufacturer. I suspect this may be the case with Lyngdorf. If I recall their amplifier (TDAI-3400) provided to ASR by a member did not test well compared to its price.
Yes, I definitely understand that after looking around here for years, I did see the TDA-3400 review which was part of my concern and definitely also weighs into my decision. I know there are no perfect systems out there but will pay for one that has the least amount of flaws with the best features, it does come down to the Trinnov but I'm still struggling to buy that now before they release the HDMI 2.1 version of it which I know they are working on now.

hmt

The MP 40 has only 3 hdmi inputs and a room correction system that has not been evaluated for $10000. The MP 60 is as expensive as a trinnov. I do not know what market niche exists for that product.

Top Bottom