• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

YouTube (music videos), your tubes (audiophiles warm tubes), our tubes (for swimming) ...

North_Sky

Major Contributor
YouTube Music Videos, Music, Tube amps to play music, Homemade Tube videos, Tubas (musical instrument), Tubes tubes tubes all tubes all types tubes tubes tubes tubes tubes tubes...

What do you think of YouTube music videos? For listening to music, for test evaluations, for fun of having fun listening and watching, for expanding the love of the music world, for the children, for the audiophile audio dealers, for the world we live in today, for the music repertoire, for the new music and artist discoveries, for learning, for the science, for the audio science, for the audio science reviews, for the best, the best music, the best audio sound systems, for the best gear, the best amps, the best DACs, for the new audio frontiers, the new musical explorations, for the digital ages, for the romantic ages of the 40s and 50s (vinyl), for universal music?

What rocks your boat? YouTube Music Videos, YouTube music @ home, no YouTube music videos @ all (zero), Music direct straight feed @ home, Music in your living room, Music in the kitchen, in the bedroom, in the bathroom, Music on the go from Bluetooth, from iPhone, from portable DAD, from Android, from laptop, from YouTube music channel, from headphone, from portable DAC, Music from YouTube?

Should you listen to YouTube or to something else? What is it that is tremendously bad with YouTube music videos, what is it good for, what can YouTube music videos do for you that music listening @ home cannot or can do better?

Are you a youtube fan or a youtube analog lover or an anti-YouTube fan and lover?
YouTube music video listening for evaluating online sharing music in a spirit of joy, fun, easy living, bad or not bad? ...Better than not bad?

What's your take on music coming up from YouTube channel music and homemade YouTube music from your own YouTube audio gear?

Can we use YouTube or not? Is YouTube beneficial for teaching music? What's with YouTube music videos?
What is it?

Is it something that we should allow or we should interdict?
Is it permissible or against the law?
Is it the devil or the guardian angel?
Do we need a passport to access and do we need a permit to visit?
Do we need a contract to get in contact with music from YouTube?

Can it make you sick or can it heal, the music on YouTube, some music, music you love to listen to @ home from your turntable, from your DAC, from your YouTube music channel.

How can we share the music live all across the universe during a pandemic short of being there live? And even if it's live, not everyone can be there there in the same space @ the same time.

How best can we transfer music for everyone; by showing the album cover, our room's sound systems with all the gear and wires behind, the paintings on the walls, from photographs, from YouTube, ...?

Are you pro YouTube music videos or you con?

Me I won't say; I love my privacy too much and besides I've said already more than what I thought I would never have said if it wasn't because of YouTube musics.

What sez you, I'd luv to know...if it's YouTube or if it's live Memorex.
What makes you happy that makes others unhappy? Forget this last question, it's a trick question only for the trick people with tricky answers.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Very tubular dude. :D Today I have 2245 YouTube music bookmarks and so YouTube is very important. YouTube is a life changing service. It's improving everyday. I use YouTube for ~2-8 hours a day depending on the day. I compared the audio quality of the better vids available to flac and other lossless stuff and I couldn't really sense much of a difference until the rate got up to ~2666 kbps on a Pink Floyd Money flac track. I would like to see better video quality and a bit better audio quality but it's cheap, easy and effective. I suggested using YouTube when testing a Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp and the salesperson cringed so apparently it's not up par. :D YouTube rocks >@^_*@<

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Someday I'll give it an example; fully integrated and including a YouTube music video.

For now I'm listening to music (Opera) from the radio (analog solid state with rabbit antennas), opera from the 80s...a tenor man singer with a soprano woman singer, on the radio. I don't even know their names, but they sound splendidly sublime.

I might search for a YouTube music video of them so that you have an idea of what I might be feeling deep deep down in my ecstasy.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Very tubular dude. :D Today I have 2245 YouTube music bookmarks and so YouTube is very important. YouTube is a life changing service. It's improving everyday. I use YouTube for ~2-8 hours a day depending on the day. I compared the audio quality of the better vids available to flac and other lossless stuff and I couldn't really sense much of a difference until the rate got up to ~2666 kbps on a Pink Floyd Money flac track. I would like to see better video quality and a bit better audio quality but it's cheap, easy and effective. I suggested using YouTube when testing a Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp and the salesperson cringed so apparently it's not up par. :D YouTube rocks >@^_*@<

That's great man!

* Do you think high end audio dealers can sell more high end audio cables and audio jewelry gear with YouTube music videos?

We all know the power of YouTube music videos as a medium to share all across the globe...the extra super rich fancy classes of ultra high end world, and the super extra poor in the jungles with their internet cell phones.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
For now I'm listening to music (Opera) from the radio (analog solid state with rabbit antennas)
Reminds me of the oldddd wooden multi band radio about the size of a medium ghetto blaster that I had for some years till it took a fall. It could dial in stations galore. I mean like 15-20 stations from the USA and Canada and that was in the mountains of BC where there is usually 1 maybe 2 stations on a regular radio. I attempted it with a Sony multi band SW travellers radio and there was 1-2 stations available. Off topic but it gets this thread moving :D

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you think high end audio dealers can sell more high end audio cables and audio jewelry gear with YouTube music videos?
lol... I have seen reviews on YouTube where there are audio products AB compared and the viewer is supposed to hear the difference and of course there are links for the product to be purchased. :D

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
This is a great music album you just posted. I have few record albums of his (the same title) ... analog.

And some on digital music medium too ... more than one that's for shure ...

1591019792_cover.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a great music album you just posted. I have few record albums of his (the same title) ... analog.

And some on digital music medium too ... more than one that's for shure ...

1591019792_cover.jpg
OOoooo the Deluxe Tubes Edition. :D

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Reminds me of the oldddd wooden multi band radio about the size of a medium ghetto blaster that I had for some years till it took a fall. It could dial in stations galore. I mean like 15-20 stations from the USA and Canada and that was in the mountains of BC where there is usually 1 maybe 2 stations on a regular radio. I attempted it with a Sony multi band SW travellers radio and there was 1-2 stations available. Off topic but it gets this thread moving :D

I listen to analog music radio by periods. Usually when I'm the most lazy.
It's the same with record analog albums, by periods but more active, involved in music rituals.

Music takes the most of my time when I setup myself to record my own music that I play with my own instruments...the mics positioning, her recording VU meters of the recording machine (or analog or digital), level adjust, balance, most intimate zone of comfort, my true soul inspiration, ...all that jazz that comes with real music passion from the heart and and mind of a man and a woman in love with the world creation, the child of the world. ...With all our love and all our music peace.

I love Opera and Tango music.

OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
lol... I have seen reviews on YouTube where there are audio products AB compared and the viewer is supposed to hear the difference and of course there are links for the product to be purchased. :D

Those are simply demo adds with professional photographers and sound stage recording experts.

Example, with sound and music accompaniment ...

Last edited:
OP
North_Sky

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Slowly I'm building a music library compilation for system evaluation.
Yes, Music from YouTube music videos, you got that one guess right.

Stay tuned ... it's going to be fun ...
...Something that you can plug directly to your hi-fi stereo rig.
...Or your headphone DAC of preferential music listening choice; you're free.

Top Bottom