• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Your "Desert Island" Album

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For two decades this has been my answer to that question and I haven’t found any reason to change my mind.

Alex - a related question I love to ask musicians: which album do you most wish you had played on? Might not be your favorite piece in itself, but some performances have such obvious fun and joy and satisfaction and achievement. Do you have an opinion?

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
supertramp_crimeofthecentury_1d90.jpg

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Its an interesting question as obviously nobody has one favourite album. But the one that continues to open up and show me new facets is :

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For two decades this has been my answer to that question and I haven’t found any reason to change my mind.

How about you?
Really really tough question. I have all my life felt more like a "song person" than an "album person". And I still feel like I have heard so little music to make such "definitive" choice. But hey, castaways usually don't choose suitable time and place as well :) So maybe if I'm hardpressed, Susanne Sundfor - Ten love songs (to me, consistent blend of euphonious songs acompanied by one of my most favourite female voices). Maybe a little too "poppy" for her other fans, but who cares, everyone's taste is different.

Considering classical music and me, this is a big gap waiting to be filled, sadly..

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Alex - a related question I love to ask musicians: which album do you most wish you had played on? Might not be your favorite piece in itself, but some performances have such obvious fun and joy and satisfaction and achievement. Do you have an opinion?

Did you get any common answers?

Inner Space

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you get any common answers?

I find that most orchestral players kind of bend the question and talk about conductors they wish they had worked with. Jazz players tend to quote one of the great albums from the 50s or 60s, with Coltrane generally the #1 choice of BL. Rock players tend to quote great performances of their own, and then lament there was no recording gear present.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Safe in the light that surrounds me....

folder.jpg

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I find that most orchestral players kind of bend the question and talk about conductors they wish they had worked with. Jazz players tend to quote one of the great albums from the 50s or 60s, with Coltrane generally the #1 choice of BL. Rock players tend to quote great performances of their own, and then lament there was no recording gear present.
Laughing at the rockers and the one that got away. Coulda been big if the tape had been running for that one.

rgpit

Forum Donor
1593990709100.png

Top Bottom