• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hidizs AP80 Pro - Multi disc album handling

rominho

Hi all
I just got myself a AP80 pro to use with a pair of Tin T3s. I having a lot of fun with them but I run into a little problem I can't find a solution.

I have most of my albums as single Flac files with cue files to sort out the tracks and have been using MusicBee to sort out the albums/tracks tags. Problem is, when I first got my music onto the AP80 most of my multi-disc albums were showing as separate albums, which is ok for some albums but definitely not ideal for live albums.

I tried to manually manipulate the cue files adding disc1/disc2 info and making sure they have the same "title", that made the discs appear under the the same album, however, the AP80 did not read the disc info so the track order is messed up like:
track 1 disc 1
track 1 disc 2
track 2 disc 1
track 2 disc 2

Any ideas on how I could remedy that?

Nutul

Hmm, maybe a little late, but I'll try anyway
1. have the flacs tagged
2. artist and album MUST be exactly the same in the vorbis tag, and in the CUE
3. the flasc are better without track-no
4. the discnumber / disctotal tags are to be set in the vorbis tag of the flacs\

You have 2 aproaches:
a) single CUE addressing both flacs (3 files in total), the (part of) CUE:
PERFORMER "this is the artist"
TITLE "this is the title"
FILE "this is the file of the first disc"
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "title of the track..."
INDEX 01 00:00.00 /// the start time
TRACK (xx) AUDIO
FILE "this is the file of the second disc"
TRACK (xx+1) AUDIO
etc. etc.

b) a CUE per flac (4 files in total)
Same as above, but the CUEs address one file only, and the tracks, depending on the player can be starting always at 01, or should be progressing as above.

Some players, though, seeing 2 CUE files discriminate the album unicity, and treat it as 2

I strongly suggest you use the 1 CUE + 2 FLACS. Maybe the track numbering at the beginning is annoying, but I have all my collection of CDs ripped to flac + cue, and when the albums have more than one CD (I also trat boxsets that way, BTW) I use that approach, and everything is catalogued perfectly. (I use a MPD-based player, and MPD is doing the library scanning, and in this format it's ok for it)

One thing is extremely important, though: THE ALBUM TITLE MUST BE EXACTLY THE SAME in both the FLACs and the CUE.

HTH

Cheers, Al.

Top Bottom