• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB: USB to AES Interface

jdubs

Forum Donor
Hey all

Looking for an interface that can do USB to AES.

Thanks,
Jim

jerryfreak

AES is a format you will have better luck finding something that does USB to S/PDIF and AES input should recognize it with the proper cabling

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What do you think of the Audinate Dante AoIP dongles?
Unfortunately, you will need a networked environment (OS agnostic) but will not be included in the total cost of both @$350.
I think they have both a USB and an AES dongle but it will max out at 16bits.
SMSL SD9 (was $400) accepts two USB2.0 and a USB-Audio as inputs and provides AES/EBU as well as I2S and coax outputs.
The older SMSL DP5 and the Gustard-16/18/26 series accepts USB and AES/EBU ONLY as inputs.

garbulky

Major Contributor
What do you think of the Audinate Dante AoIP dongles?
Unfortunately, you will need a networked environment (OS agnostic) but will not be included in the total cost of both @$350.
I think they have both a USB and an AES dongle but it will max out at 16bits.
SMSL SD9 (was $400) accepts two USB2.0 and a USB-Audio as inputs and provides AES/EBU as well as I2S and coax outputs.
The older SMSL DP5 and the Gustard-16/18/26 series accepts USB and AES/EBU ONLY as inputs.
Which dongles? I'm having trouble finding enough info

Tom C

Major Contributor
This works.
Might be a little pricey, but does eight channels.
My understanding is that the spec on spdif is lower voltage than aes. So, depending on whatever it is you’re using to receive the aes signal, there’s a chance it won’t work. But it often does work.

Top Bottom