• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WTB Pair of Monoprice Monolith THX Compact Satellite Spakers

Doctors11

How soon do you need it? I bought the 5.1 set a while back...still in the box while I figure out the rest of the system. I'm considering adding another set for atmos. That would leave me with an extra sub and sat.

OP
O

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
I'm willing to wait, if needed.

What time frame did you have in mind?

Doctors11

I'm still building out the room, and researching the AVR. So at least a few months. Of course you'd still need to buy a second speaker. I see they're back in stock at Monoprice.

OP
O

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
Oh I see, I misunderstood, thought you had an extra "set". No worries, then. The price they're charging for the pair is too outrageous compared to the set. If the set "comes back into stock", I'll probably buy it, like you did.

Doctors11

Yes. Especially for the $389 sale price. What kind of set up are you building?

OP
O

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
I'm trying to set up a 5.4.4 system with Kali Audio IN-8V2 fronts, and LP-6V2 for side surrounds, and Emotiva b1+ for heights - I bought all the parts but stalled on setting things up due to lack of time and energy to handle all the cable routing. In the meantime, I thought it might be a good idea to pick up 2 of these compact satellites for the rear surrounds and bump it up to a 7.4.4 system. Due to the wide layout of the room, there's no real space for the rear surrounds and they'll be within 1-1.5m of the seats, and I don't listen anywhere close to reference levels, so I'm hoping these compact satellites will be fine.

Doctors11

I would think they should work fine for that. It's killing me to have them but not be able to listen to them yet. I'm hoping the new Sony receivers fix all the bugs soon so I can finalize everything.

OP
O

ooheadsoo

Forum Donor
I hope so. The main thing is that they have to be tiny.

If I were in your shoes, I'd keep both subwoofers. Some receivers will let you hook them up directly without needing a minidsp 2x4 or like.

Top Bottom