• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wiim Pro vs Ifi Zen blue

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I did a side by side comparison like any normal person would, I do not have gears or the time to do level matching. I am doing it using my EARS like any normal person would. I OWN BOTH ITEMS and based on which I am commenting. I don't think you own both so your opinions are not relevant. I am only commenting for the OP. I do not know if he has already made his purchase. I do not care about what you ppl think. I only commented here just so I could share my opinion on the matter as the OP already has ifi zen blue.
I do not use an apple device btw, I use an android phone myself, but I know for a fact that IOS is superior to android OS when it comes to simplicity and performance.
Cool ;)
Don't present opinion as fact in that case.

Zensō

Major Contributor
I did a side by side comparison like any normal person would, I do not have gears or the time to do level matching. I am doing it using my EARS like any normal person would. I OWN BOTH ITEMS and based on which I am commenting. I don't think you own both so your opinions are not relevant. I am only commenting for the OP. I do not know if he has already made his purchase. I do not care about what you ppl think. I only commented here just so I could share my opinion on the matter as the OP already has ifi zen blue.
I do not use an apple device btw, I use an android phone myself, but I know for a fact that IOS is superior to android OS when it comes to simplicity and performance.
I’ve done plenty of side-by-side comparisons exactly as you’ve described and was certain that I was hearing differences. Then I started doing level matched blind tests and was surprised to find that in many cases the differences I was hearing were not actually there and were created by my expectations. This is a widely studied and common phenomenon that no human is immune from. You say you trust your ears, but really it’s our brains that can’t be trusted, and we mostly hear with our brains. Knowing that, when people make claims about hearing differences between things like digital transports on a science based forum, there is an expectation that some controls were used or the claims are not taken seriously. If this is not acceptable to you, you might be better off on one of the subjectivist forums where unsubstantiated claims are taken more seriously.

If you are interested in learning something about expectation bias and how it can color our perceptions of sound, I highly recommend reading this article. It is quite interesting if you’re curious at all.

Last edited:

Bmac53

The human brain is a amazing visual and audio processor. It is incredible what your brain can alter from reality.

For proof without audio testing gear and to see what your brain does with vision, check this out:

Is the surface luminance / "shade of gray" of these two squares the same or different??

Put your finger horizontally between the two squares to test your opinion.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230822_163508_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230822_163508_Chrome.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 83
Top Bottom