• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Why don't we see Topping/SMSL/etc.. make a simple AVP w/room correction?

drfrink24

Yes, I realize "simple" and "AVP" are oxymorons.. But perhaps a big reason is licensing fees for supporting Atmos/DTS/etc?

ppataki

Major Contributor
Multichannel DACs would also do as a start (to create competition for the Okto DAC8 Pro)
Also I sent an idea to @SMSL-Mandy and @SMSL_Liu to consider creating multichannel variants of the next version of their SMSL A2 amp (like 4-6-8 channel versions) since it is a fully digital amplifier so you could just connect it to the PC via USB and you have an all-in-one multichannel device
I think that would be awesome - especially if it measures like the Hypex nCore models

kipman725

The whole AVR thing seems very North American, perhaps due to the large houses, spread out urban areas and high incomes? most european houses can't have a dedicated room to this and as such at best your can position 3 speakers and a couple of subs correctly.

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
Yes, I realize "simple" and "AVP" are oxymorons.. But perhaps a big reason is licensing fees for supporting Atmos/DTS/etc?

if i'm not mistaken, even every single hdmi connector used, still requires licensing

OP
D

drfrink24

The whole AVR thing seems very North American, perhaps due to the large houses, spread out urban areas and high incomes? most european houses can't have a dedicated room to this and as such at best your can position 3 speakers and a couple of subs correctly.
True, didn't think of that. Can confirm all of those things in my case, yes...

Top Bottom