• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

narx

I have a few SMPS and the ideal is to put it in a closed case. Also it is important to put the SMPS connected to the earth of the power supply of the house (same for the box). By taking these precautions you can avoid electric shock or fire at the limit. Also watch out for home insurance ... I'm just devil's advocate.

I did not look at the greatness, this is an example. You need a plug for the AC and an outlet for the DC cable ... normally a plug that screws into one side and a standard DC plug on the other ... and of course an AC switch. As mentioned, you have to know what you are doing if not asking for help.

DIY Chassis for Power Supply Cabinet Black Case Iron Box 150*70*200mm

I'm thinking this doesn't look much more complex than wirings switches and outlets and such, but I'm certainly open to being wrong and asking for help.

Seems like it should be as simple as this, no?:
DC plug inner: +
DC Plug outer: -
Wall Hot: L
Wall Neutral: N
Wall Ground: Ground
Connect one of the - terminals and the Ground terminal with a short jumper cable (meter says the ground terminal is already connected to the chassis)
Check the voltage between + and - with a meter and adjust it to 48v or a little below
Cover the terminals adequately so that they aren't accessible (seems to be many 3d printable plans for this)
Plug it in and rock out

What am I missing here?

Last edited:

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor

cyberzigot

narx

Any chance for a A07 v2 with this power supply built in the amp in a single chassis ?
+1

I think I'll pass on this. It's not an improvement over wiring a raw Mean Well, especially given that it's using an ungrounded AC cable.

Karu

Forum Donor
If the A07 is 2x300W, and the recommended supply is 360w, isn’t it underpowered?

AIYIMA

Audio Company
Forum Donor
Any chance for a A07 v2 with this power supply built in the amp in a single chassis ?

Our upcoming new model will have a built-in power supply.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Hi guys,

I just finished my listening session test and I own almost all TPA325X models from AIYIMA to 3E Audio through very High ends TPA325X.
I unfortunately did not measure the DrModor TPA3255 last version, wtih integrated LLC PSU + OP amps MC33272, but this amp is absolutely a must have ! It brings my Double Mono Hypex Ncore + Double Mono Pascal to their knees !
I have a hard time describing how precise and hyper "organic" it is. The soundstage is absolutely amazing, I own a plethora of amps, but I have never heard an amp that gives off such a lively and impressive soundstage!

Here some of my TPA325X / Pascal / Hypex Ncore / IRS, Class H / Merus etc amps I have tested VS this new DrMordor TPA3255 (picture 1) :

Last edited:

DuncanTodd

I just finished my listening session test and I own almost all TPA325X models from AIYIMA to 3E Audio passing by DrMordor etc....
I unfortunately did not measure the DrModor TPA3255 last version, wtih integrated LLC PSU + OP amps MC33272, but this amp is absolutely a must have ! It brings my Double Mono Hypex Ncore + Double Mono Pascal to their knees !
I have a hard time describing how precise and hyper organic it is. The soundstage is absolutely amazing, I own a plethora of amps, but I have never heard an amp that gives off such a lively and impressive soundstage!
Did you measure or listen? You started by staying listening test then said you didn't measure one.
Be cool if you could tag the pics with the name of the model showing in it.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Did you measure or listen? You started by staying listening test then said you didn't measure one.
Be cool if you could tag the pics with the name of the model showing in it.

This is a "human ears" listening test. I did not measure it. But I am in love with that module anyway.
There are now many people who own this DrMordor module, see all positive feedbacks in DIY audio. I wish someone could measure it soon, Fingers X

DuncanTodd

This is a "human ears" listening test. I did not measure it. But I am in love with that module anyway.
There are now many people who own this DrMordor module, see all positive feedbacks in DIY audio. I wish someone could measure it soon, Fingers X
OK. Which one of those is it? Got a link for the product?

daniboun

Major Contributor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Any interest in sending it to Amir? It isn't like you don't have another amp to use while it's gone...;)

That's quite a collection!

daniboun

Major Contributor
Any interest in sending it to Amir? It isn't like you don't have another amp to use while it's gone...;)

That's quite a collection!

I wish I could, but I am out of the USA...
I was in touch with Amir to test previously the TPA3251 A04 with updated Inductors + OPA1656 but the but the person I was in touch with, in the US could not manage to ship it.... what a pity !

Last edited:

daniboun

Major Contributor
Does anyone have any experience with the 4ch Aiyima AIYIMA B2D2205?
https://www.aiyima.com/products/amp...-4ch-315w-power-amplifier?contact_posted=true

Tempted to try it in a slim case to pair with 4ch output of my Minidsp SHD

3e has a 4ch TPA3251 that also looks like an option...

You can also check this new model, dual TPA3255 Board :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

H1748f1e4cc4f43018521979d54d3fb7d6.jpg

Top Bottom