• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date

narx

Newbie question: would it be reasonable to power two Aiyima A07 units from a single Mean Well LRS-350-48? It appears there are multiple DC outputs and adequate power available, but I don't know whether that's how they're designed to be used.

somedeafguy

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing Aiyima 07 from Aliexpress, I need to know which power supply to get?

DC48V 7.5a switching POWER ADAPTER, 110v or 220v which volt? I live in Texas (USA) btw

I appreciate your help

DuncanTodd

Before I pull the trigger on purchasing Aiyima 07 from Aliexpress, I need to know which power supply to get?

DC48V 7.5a switching POWER ADAPTER, 110v or 220v which volt? I live in Texas (USA) btw

I appreciate your help
Their product info says:
Power supply: DC24-48V (outer diameter 5.5mm inner diameter 2.5mm)
The PSU is like a laptop brick and being American you'll likely need a 110v one.

datrumole

Newbie question: would it be reasonable to power two Aiyima A07 units from a single Mean Well LRS-350-48? It appears there are multiple DC outputs and adequate power available, but I don't know whether that's how they're designed to be used.

i wouldnt recommend it unless you were keeping the power consumption low on each of the units. at full bore each of these units should be able to pull around 6-6.5A

narx

i wouldnt recommend it unless you were keeping the power consumption low on each of the units. at full bore each of these units should be able to pull around 6-6.5A

Thanks - I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere near full bore. I'm more wondering whether it's "correct" to use a single power supply for two different units than about the power consumption. The use case is for two sets of bookshelf speakers - small (Elac Debut 6.2) in the living room, and smaller (Denon SC-M41) in the kitchen for mostly low volume listening. I'm imagining that I'll be using a max of about 10% of the available power on the Denon's and maybe double that on the Elacs.

I'll check those guesstimates/assumptions with a meter before hooking up a second unit to the power supply, but as long as I'm not approaching the 7.3A the PSU is rated for, would it be reasonable to have them share a power supply? A big part of what's appealing to me about these amps in this context is the small footprint, so it would be ideal to be able to avoid using two.

neuronestanco

I ask everyone but especially aiyima if you are reading: with aiyima A07 I would like to drive 2 kef q350, which class D amplifier to connect to a subwoofer do you recommend, to cut the frequencies from 80hz, without spending too much money?

robertospeed

datrumole

Thanks - I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere near full bore. I'm more wondering whether it's "correct" to use a single power supply for two different units than about the power consumption. The use case is for two sets of bookshelf speakers - small (Elac Debut 6.2) in the living room, and smaller (Denon SC-M41) in the kitchen for mostly low volume listening. I'm imagining that I'll be using a max of about 10% of the available power on the Denon's and maybe double that on the Elacs.

I'll check those guesstimates/assumptions with a meter before hooking up a second unit to the power supply, but as long as I'm not approaching the 7.3A the PSU is rated for, would it be reasonable to have them share a power supply? A big part of what's appealing to me about these amps in this context is the small footprint, so it would be ideal to be able to avoid using two.

is it 'correct', no, it's not. can you do it despite what we are telling you, sure, sounds like you are going to anyway. not sure the logistics of the layout that lets you share a single unit without massive wire runs, but whatever man, have at it.

Anyone tried using the Aiyima A04 with a Denon AVR?

not sure the question, it will work just fine with pretty much any AVR made in the last 20y

I ask everyone but especially aiyima if you are reading: with aiyima A07 I would like to drive 2 kef q350, which class D amplifier to connect to a subwoofer do you recommend, to cut the frequencies from 80hz, without spending too much money?

their A3001 is effectively a A07, with a sub-out bolted on. the question is really poorly worded, so my assumption is you have an active sub you need to get a signal to, not a passive sub you need to power

narx

is it 'correct', no, it's not. can you do it despite what we are telling you, sure, sounds like you are going to anyway. not sure the logistics of the layout that lets you share a single unit without massive wire runs, but whatever man, have at it.

I'm not sure why you're thinking it would require massive wire runs, but I'm interested to know. The logistics are that there are 3 separate sets + and - output terminals on the PSU, so it would require a single run to each amp, no?

When you say that would not be "correct," what do you mean?

It makes sense to me that it would be a problem to push the power supply beyond its rated amperage. But if its not being pushed beyond its rated amperage, then what would be the problem with using one of the additional sets of outputs for a second unit? Sincerely asking to understand here.

Last edited:

narx

I appreciate your help

Definitely 110v

Mean Well LRS-350-48 seems to meet the needed specs but is a raw power supply that you'd need to hook up bare terminals to the appropriate cables and potentially cover.

Are you seeing anything that meets Aiyima's specs that is more of a finished product? I'm not seeing much.

neuronestanco

giangi90

Definitely 110v

Mean Well LRS-350-48 seems to meet the needed specs but is a raw power supply that you'd need to hook up bare terminals to the appropriate cables and potentially cover.

Are you seeing anything that meets Aiyima's specs that is more of a finished product? I'm not seeing much.

Does anyone know how the individual cables should be connected to the power supply?

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Does anyone know how the individual cables should be connected to the power supply?
For all the supplies I've looked at the MeanWell datasheets have included everything you need to know. If you don't understand the datasheet then you should probably find a friend locally who has some experience and can guide you and check that you've done it safely. You're dealing with voltages that can kill and more than enough power to start a fire if you get it wrong.

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I have a few SMPS and the ideal is to put it in a closed case. Also it is important to put the SMPS connected to the earth of the power supply of the house (same for the box). By taking these precautions you can avoid electric shock or fire at the limit. Also watch out for home insurance ... I'm just devil's advocate.

I did not look at the greatness, this is an example. You need a plug for the AC and an outlet for the DC cable ... normally a plug that screws into one side and a standard DC plug on the other ... and of course an AC switch. As mentioned, you have to know what you are doing if not asking for help.

DIY Chassis for Power Supply Cabinet Black Case Iron Box 150*70*200mm

Last edited:
Top Bottom