• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAP(s) have album select/play UI?

reichj

I am a DAP newbie and dont know all the mfr's.
I prefer to play albums (as apposed to songs or play lists) and am having trouble finding a device that supports artist/album selection.
Ideally it would be nice to select an artist then have the list of albums.

I am looking at entry models ($200 +/-) so that may be my problem.

Thank you for any assistance.

JCM800

Stay away from the HiBy R2 Gen II ($99). It's probably going to fit your specs but it's full of weirdness if not downright bugs. Wi-fi song loading doesn't work, the HiBy connect phone app feature doesn't work, etc., etc., but the most unforgivable is playing albums in alphabetical order instead of track order. I have to play everything through the file browser instead of the usual genre / artist / album selectors. As my first DAP, I'm woefully disappointed.

OP
R

reichj

Thanks. I am looking at the HiBy R3 II, but the manual was unclear as to how the UI worked. I emailed HiBy and their response to that question was
>>> 1) No, it does not support selecting artist -> album of the artist.
The Sony A306 looked like it could fit the bill, but this forum has a scathing thread.

Beemer1972

What about a cheap onkyo? They are coming down in price due to android not being updated. Most of them are suffering from low battery life but if you are using at home it could work I suppose.

Top Bottom