• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC combo is better? D90SE(LE)+A90 or X16 + A90?

Kindly Greeting everyone here!
Is there a noticeable difference between them soundwise on DT1990?
Especially on mid's and high's.
Who did A/B of this combo's PERSONALLY?
Thank's for YOUR reply!

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
DAC’s should be transparent. Anything on the recommended list is.

D

Deleted member 50971

Hi. I will echo what N Pete said. I have three from the recommended list, and they all measured transparent, and sound the same. The only difference possibly being my two DAC’s that are MQA also… just don’t ask me to pick one format from the other blindfolded :)

From that list the only reason to pick one over the other in my opinion is features.

D

Deleted member 50971

As far as the A90 I don’t have any experience with it, but I’m assuming there’s a nice long thread about it.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As far as the A90 I don’t have any experience with it, but I’m assuming there’s a nice long thread about it.
The thing is the D10 sounds the same at a fraction of the price

D

Deleted member 50971

The thing is the D10 sounds the same at a fraction of the price
That’s what’s great about this forum, and especially if someone wants to save some money and doesn’t need a boatload of features. Like the DAC race for instance, and they’ve gotten so good that as long as the aesthetics are OK, you can spend $200 and get state of the art.

I am waiting for a well measuring AVP, and not that I can hear the difference between 90 and 100 SINAD… the peace of mind knowing that it passed rigorous testing, and has good hygiene as Amir puts it, is making me wait. No online bias from all of the reviewers, I want to see it on the bench.

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That’s what’s great about this forum, and especially if someone wants to save some money and doesn’t need a boatload of features. Like the DAC race for instance, and they’ve gotten so good that as long as the aesthetics are OK, you can spend $200 and get state of the art.

I am waiting for a well measuring AVP, and not that I can hear the difference between 90 and 100 SINAD… the peace of mind knowing that it passed rigorous testing, and has good hygiene as Amir puts it, is making me wait. No online bias from all of the reviewers, I want to see it on the bench.
RME makes a very good one, although it's costs a few bucks.

alekksander

Basically the difference here comes to whatever makes You feel better or suits Your aesthetics.

Top Bottom