• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which budget USB-C portable DAC for a headset with a microphone, for conference calls and listening to music?

miroljub petrovic

I need it for conference calls and listening to music on my phone and laptop (Android and Ubuntu). It should have a 3.5mm input with 4 pins for a headset with a microphone and be portable and small in size. I would pay $30 if its only good enough for conference calls or up to $70 if I can use it for enjoying high resolution music too.

Are these from Aliexpress good enough for calls and clear sounding microphone?

gvl

Major Contributor
For both music and calls I’d probably just get decent Bluetooth headphones with a mic and skip the DAC and wires altogether.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Soundblaster X1 is really good and up to 9600khz/24 but. I've had a couple of them and when it detects over 120ohm headphones it outputs 2.4v which drives the 600ohm Beyers for $50. Full headset support too.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
the Fiio BTR7 has a built-in microphone for calls, but I've never tried it.

Only really makes sense if you need the extra power for the headphones.

Top Bottom