• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Where to buy plate amps for subwoofers (Canada)

OP
H

H-RYCAJ

That's what Minisdp is originally for ;)
Pardon my ignorance. How do I safely connect the amp module to the sub and run white noise to test the dB without blowing it up accidentally. Does the amp module always run at full power?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My only concern is I primarily listen to music and am slightly worried about audible hum or boomy bass with distortion.
How will an amplifier generate boomy bass? You even have DSP with some Crown apps that can EQ your subs so that they won’t boom.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Pardon my ignorance. How do I safely connect the amp module to the sub and run white noise to test the dB without blowing it up accidentally. Does the amp module always run at full power?
You will connect the module with the sub and your minidsp with the module.You will configure level and slope with minidsp.
The module only plays what you feed it so start low and see how it goes.

OP
H

H-RYCAJ

How will an amplifier generate boomy bass? You even have DSP with some Crown apps that can EQ your subs so that they won’t boom.
Poor use of words on my end meant distortion, but I never checked the amp's specs to see if it's even audible.

Top Bottom