• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Good Subwoofer Amplifiers In 2024?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to find an affordable subwoofer amplifier (below 1000 USD, perferably below 500 USD) that has auto on/of (or a trigger in) and a handful of PEQ filters. I'm not looking for a plate amplifier.

I wonder if you guys know / have / tested any options that fit the criteria.

ppataki

Major Contributor
The upcoming Fosi V3 Mono might be actually a great candidate (no PEQ though I assume)
I am currently using a Sabaj A30A - I am as happy as I could be. My brother-in-law is using a Sabaj A20A which is also fine in bridged mode

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This isn't a great direct answer to your question, but may plant a seed for ideas on getting by cheap. I was going for cheap power and had the same needs for my subs. I bought a pair of used Crown XLS1500's (paid about $250 each on ebay), a $25 smart switch to turn them on and off, and the t.racks DSP 4x4 mini to handle DSP duty for only $110. That means in total I got 4 channels good for 525w @ 4Ω (probably closer to low 400's) with DSP on every channel for a total of just under $160 per channel, with all equipment performing at acceptable SINAD levels for subwoofer duty.

OP
A

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This isn't a great direct answer to your question, but may plant a seed for ideas on getting by cheap. I was going for cheap power and had the same needs for my subs. I bought a pair of used Crown XLS1500's (paid about $250 each on ebay), a $25 smart switch to turn them on and off, and the t.racks DSP 4x4 mini to handle DSP duty for only $110. That means in total I got 4 channels good for 525w @ 4Ω (probably closer to low 400's) with DSP on every channel for a total of just under $160 per channel, with all equipment performing at acceptable SINAD levels for subwoofer duty.
Which smart switch are you using?

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Which smart switch are you using?
I run Home Assistant and zigbee2mqtt as part of my home automation system, which allows me to choose from thousands of zigbee based smart devices. With that caveat, I currently like Innr smart plugs because they work well, have a decent form factor, are cheap in bulk ($12.75 each), and also report power usage.

Top Bottom