• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

What's the most relevant headphone measuring site?

Fluffy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Since Innerfidelity is long dead, where are we supposed to go for measurements of new headphones on the market? DIY-Audio-Heaven is great, but they update incredibly slowly and don't come close to cover most new products. Rtings are thorough but focuses on consumer electronics rather than hi-fi gear. Soundstage are very picky, and superbestaudiofriends are inconsistent.

There are new headphones coming out all the time, but there's no single reviewer who is simultaneously up-to-date, consistent, thorough, and covers a wide range of categories. Tyll where are you??

Wombat

Major Contributor
Can there really be one?

solderdude

Major Contributor
DIY-Audio-Heaven is great, but they update incredibly slowly and don't come close to cover most new products.
That's because I can only measure some new products at a dealer (haven't been there for over a year) or have to buy the headphones myself.
Some were sent to me by curious forum members.
My exposure is only my own website and an occasional link on ASR.
For me its nothing serious... just a hobby paid out of my own pocket and costing (family) time and more money than I make on selling a few filters.
Sometimes I dig a little deeper and ends up taking 2 days to measure, make plots and write some meaningful words. Finally finished measuring the SRH1840 from one of our ASR members.

Oratory also has no financial interest but has much exposure at head-fi and people just want to know how to set their EQ (to get Harman target).

R'tings makes a living of headphones and TV/monitors and has much more funds available.

Last edited:

pozz

Machine
Forum Donor
Editor
Meta-Database

The ones I compiled are in there. If Head-Fi was more systematic and took themselves more seriously they could outclass others with their gear and resources. Otherwise, it's as @solderdude said.

Top Bottom