• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's the latest on pi based music steamers?

nsfgp

Just to add some use cases for how low hardware requirements you need to run pcp/LMS. pi3 is already overkill for me.
Ethernet only FYI. My pi2B(1GB) runs pcp/LMS great to any DAC/dongle thru USB (storage on separate NAS/PC or local).
My pi1B(256MB) runs pcp(squeezelite only) great as well with all my usb dongle DAC (needs a self-powered or hubbed for standalone DAC).
USB is not an issue with ethernet connection in both cases.
Once you are used to the LMS/Material Skin eco system there is no need to change or look elsewhere.
On Android get the Material App (better than using a browser as app/skin) https://github.com/CDrummond/lms-material-app
On Windows player use Squeezelite-X (wdm-ks driver works best for me).
Runs LMS on Windows as a start/test for the easiest setup since most people have a PC ready in use. Else it is not too hard to get LMS up on Linux/OMV/etc. Also great if your pi only needs to run the player and becomes truly portable for easy deployment anywhere that is network compatible.

Top Bottom