• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What's the best I can buy?

mbirand

The Tambaqui might be nicer to the look and touch. Other than this I see no difference. Chose a streamer from the list "blue zone" that both suits your taste and pocket and you're "more than done".
are there any with onboard memory for local files or better yet with SDcard (sorry if this is being too ignorant)

Nutul

are there any with onboard memory for local files or better yet with SDcard (sorry if this is being too ignorant)
You might search... but I'd rather use their ability to use external USB SSDs, and/or connect to SMB/NFS shares and/or NASs and/or being LMS/Roon endpoints...
(Actually I'd rather leave Roon out of the equation - too expensive and wants you forever online even to play your local music...)

rarewolf

You might search... but I'd rather use their ability to use external USB SSDs, and/or connect to SMB/NFS shares and/or NASs and/or being LMS/Roon endpoints...

If the OP does have a local library, he might look at JRiver’s Media Center, which includes its media server, and is less expensive than Roon. Or, if he believes he’ll primarily be using a streaming service, either will require a streamer.

My smartphone works as a decent streamer (USB to Topping stack), but it took some research to get the same sound quality from my WiiM (via SPDIF) as from my smartphone (via USB). I might suggest a fully integrated streamer like one of the Eversolos, or one of the FiiOs

Cheers!

Top Bottom