• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is your dream DAC or AIO DAC Amp from Topping? What features, functions and price point?

JRS

Major Contributor
Doodwski, my man, I think you know my answer: all the functionality and features of an Octo Dac8 at 1/2 the price. I bize it this instant. (And include a steel remote).

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Doodwski, my man, I think you know my answer: all the functionality and features of an Octo Dac8 at 1/2 the price. I bize it this instant. (And include a steel remote).
I like the Octo DAC 8 Stereo too but the price is out of my range @ USD $1240.00.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I wish they would do an excellent AV preamp with all the needed video and audio processing. And that could double for any musical use.

JRS

Major Contributor
I like the Octo DAC 8 Stereo too but the price is out of my range @ USD $1240.00.
Mine too, hence 1/2 the price! (Sadly, I think they have gone up in the past couple of months). But seriously, they already have so many variations on a theme for a no frills DAC--sure add a streamer, the usual I's and O's but maybe 4 channels so folk could run some mains and a SW, or active 2 way. But make it modular, so that if I bought a second I could get 4 more channels and have it slaved to the first. Be nice if it could upload filter coefficients and provide gains on all the channels and what not, but bare bones would be great too.

Mr.Ian

I would love a multi input switch, with inbuilt adc eq and 2/3 way digital crossovers to feed. One, two or three external dacs. All internal processing to be be high resolution and without the hiss and noise you often get with similar boxes today

Reactions: JRS

giordy

a streamer with classic digital outputs would be interesting .... coax spdif aes / ebu i2s ..... but double outputs!
2 coax
2 spdif
2 aes-ebu
2 i2s
it would be perfect for those who need to compare 2 dacs also of different level.
the source would be as unique and level as Topping knows how to do!
but above all it would be a unique machine of its kind

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I'd just like one which can be driven by a desktop app (or built into the driver) which you can use to EQ.

I have the EX5, and because I don't have exotic, hard-to-drive headphones, this unit will output to my headphones and/or amp transparent to the source, or certainly as close as I'm ever going to notice. So I don't really need anything other than that.

Reactions: JRS

JRS

Major Contributor
I'd just like one which can be driven by a desktop app (or built into the driver) which you can use to EQ.

I have the EX5, and because I don't have exotic, hard-to-drive headphones, this unit will output to my headphones and/or amp transparent to the source, or certainly as close as I'm ever going to notice. So I don't really need anything other than that.
That would be great. I have often wished I could avoid windows altogether. As it stands when I use blue tooth I have to go through my lap top to use APO EQ, (had no luck downloading it to my cheap android phone), and then to the Topping Dx3 pro plus.

Top Bottom