• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best value for money dac/amp for Focal Utopia 2022? ($1000-$1300)

dazkyl

I know these are easy to drive headphones due to their high 104dB sensitivity, however I need the value for buck king to power these. I need a dac and amp or 2 in 1 combo.

Budget is more or less $1000-$1300.

I just want to make sure that I get the most out of the headphones.

These are some options that are available to me.

Fiio K9 Pro ESS

MOJO 2 DAC + PORTABLE HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER

RME ADI-2 DAC FS

SPL Phonitor One d

SMSL M400+SMSL SP400

or maybe anything else from SMSL or Topping or Schiit?

Features like bluetooth, built in dsp are not important to me because I EQ straight from software. A remote would be nice though. However not necessary. I just want clean power to hear all the details and quality these headphones can offer.

Last edited:

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just replaced a Schiit Modi+ with an Eversolo Dac Z8. The Modi+ was ok, but I wanted a little better and also a headphone amp. The price (at Amazon) for the Z8 was $699.

The headphone amp drives my Sennheiser HD 650s easily and sounds great.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm using the SMSL DL200 which has plenty of power, sound amazing, plus a remote for under 200 dollars. I wouldn't spend more, just isn't needed for those.

Top Bottom