• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What is the best value for money/cheapest DAC which measures well? £ for £ / $ for $ and lowest cost.

threni

Major Contributor
Don’t need an Apple device to use it. As long as your device has a USB-C port, it should generally just work.
The dongle doesn't even need a USB-C port - it's working perfectly on my Pi Zero W with a micro-usb -> usb-c adaptor.

Reactions: Zim

bogi

This probably works if you use USB. I am worried about the S/PDIF reliability of post-AKM Topping DACs.
Right, I'm using it only over USB and did not test other inputs. I read about some complains related to D90SE and TVs with less stable clock.

thejck

i have some points to spend at shenzenaudio. I want something cheap to use with my phone that only has usb-c
Any thoughts on these?
iBasso DC05 for 59
vs
DD TC35 PRO for 79
vs
DD TC35 PRO for 95

Honestly was leaning towards the cheapest since its for the car. Not sure if the extra dollars buy be any quality.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
E1DA is around $80 at Ali Express. Will do balanced output as well and it's a full featured DAC with 110db Sinad and around the size of a pack of Chicklets. Requires a proprietary cable though.

Pabloaguas

If you want something small and sweet for your iPhone that just plugs straight into the lightning port try the Cozoy REI DAC. I got mine for $200

Top Bottom