• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Do You Think Of as a Reliable Source For Hifi Reviews?

Cosmic_Error

I've been looking to buy a new pair of speakers recently and I'm not sure who is telling the truth, I feel like a lot of youtubers only give good review and because of that I have a hard time trusting them. While I feel like there are a lot of good reviews on this website many of the speakers I am considering haven't been reviewed here. Where do you guys look for reliable reviews on hifi components?

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here. Stereophile and Soundstage do measurements but sometimes wander off into space with the subjective stuff.

BillG

Major Contributor
While I've never actually paid any attention to their commentary, HiFi News at least conducts a performance analysis on the equipment that they review.

TimF

Forum Donor
Where can I get a good honest appraisal of good hair care products? Can Amir measure them for us? Where can I get a good honest appraisal of internet search engines? Where can I get a good honest appraisal of apparel products? Without titillation and a good measure of imagination these products wouldn't exist. They are jewelry for the most part. What differentiates a $20,000 bicycle (very much desirable among a certain class in Portland and coastal enclaves in Calif.) from a $10,000 bicycle, and if there is a performance difference are you in such condition to appreciate or benefit from such? Sure you are. Of course, of course.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Where can I get a good honest appraisal of good hair care products? Can Amir measure them for us? Where can I get a good honest appraisal of internet search engines? Where can I get a good honest appraisal of apparel products? Without titillation and a good measure of imagination these products wouldn't exist. They are jewelry for the most part. What differentiates a $20,000 bicycle (very much desirable among a certain class in Portland and coastal enclaves in Calif.) from a $10,000 bicycle, and if there is a performance difference are you in such condition to appreciate or benefit from such? Sure you are. Of course, of course.
Well they did do blind testing of the bicycle question at one time. No I'm not kidding.

Among speakers, other than here and Audioholics, Kal Rubinson is pretty reliable in my opinion.

Top Bottom