• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Did You Give Yourself For Christmas?

Wombat

Master Contributor
I had to jump on a new TV deal well before Santa time. This lead to a JBL 305MK2 pair purchase as well. So I settled for a couple of cheap CDs. If I believed in Santa I'd be really pissed.

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Mentioned elsewhere I grabbed a new video card for my PC that has HDMI capabilities. My older box didn't have that and I wanted to be able to output multich sound to my Marantz pre/pro. Very small purchase but I've been spending a lot of money this year on audio/video toys, best part of being single, don't have to make excuses to anyone thru-out the year as time goes by. ;)

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Just heading to local indoor shooting range to update my membership.
Been putting off spending the money but it's been so rainy and cold down here, our normal weather has been a bit off it's tracks.
I'm been missing a number of my normal practice days because of it..
So a late XMas present for me today. Yippeee

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Nothing. Yet. I will probably buy myself a model train (my real hobby is railway modelling).

Headphonaholic

I splurged and got myself a pair of MassdropxFocal Elex's... because I totally need more headphones lol. I made the mistake of watching Zeo's review of em and ended up buying them before the end of the review. I was already on fence, he pushed me over.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Canon 100mm L F2.8 IS macro lens:

Canon-EF-100mm-f-2.8-L-IS-USM-Macro-Lens.jpg

Had to upgrade from using my cell phone for review pictures. Started with my non-IS 100mm lens but there is just not enough light there without the use and hassle of a tripod. So I broke down and got the IS version. It is working exceptionally well.

Headphonaholic

Had to upgrade from using my cell phone for review pictures. Started with my non-IS 100mm lens but there is just not enough light there without the use and hassle of a tripod. So I broke down and got the IS version. It is working exceptionally well.
The pink panthers will look better than ever! :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Headphonaholic

They already are! :) Since it was a gift to myself, I opened it early a few weeks ago. :)
Early gifts are the best gifts and panthers have been looking good! :) This explains it! Showed my gf the lense you got and it made her jealous haha.

Another set of cans for testing

View attachment 19404
Very nice! I happen to own a pair myself. How are you liking them so far?

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
Nothing. Yet. I will probably buy myself a model train (my real hobby is railway modelling).

I think that is traditionally the REAL hobby. :)

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Can't you augment one with the other. Have a model train with a system of sound to fully recreate the sound of a real train? :)

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor

Nice.

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
Can't you augment one with the other. Have a model train with a system of sound to fully recreate the sound of a real train? :)

I remember the old puff-puff, chuff-chuff, loco models from my childhood.

OP
Wombat

Wombat

Master Contributor
They already are! :) Since it was a gift to myself, I opened it early a few weeks ago. :)

There goes your reputation for patience. ;)

Top Bottom