• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Audio Players Do You Have Installed On Your Windows,Mac or Linux?

OP
Spider

Spider

For my Android I use: N7Player,Poweramp,JetAudio Plus,Boom,Aimp,VLC & Foobar.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Qobuz on Mac mainly and Spark with Devialet Phantoms on phone or Mac, my Phantoms are too old for their latest player.

Feanor

Forum Donor
Foobar2000 does it for me. I like the way it allows me to easily access my music library which is mainly Classical music. I mainly use:
  • Genre / Composer
  • Composer / Genre
  • Genre / Album, and occasionally
  • Artist / Album

Last edited:
OP
Spider

Spider

Hello, I have just purchased Power DVD 20 from Cyberlink.
Very nice software plays my lossless audio files very nice.
And I have Boom 3D installed, splendid program.:cool:

OP
Spider

Spider

I have been looking a bit on Audirvana lately, I have the Tidal Account, & the lossless files, so now I try out their 30 day Trial, very nice program.

pluplog

I run Tidal/Spotify desktop applications on Windows (with Equalizer APO), on my Linux workstation I use cmus with PulseEffects for EQ.

somy

Foobar2000 is the only software I missed when I move from windows to Mac. I still use it occasionally but i find myself using audirvana plus more and more for convinicence. Foobar2000 lacks a remote controller on iOS which is the biggest issue for me.

OP
Spider

Spider

For Android, I have installed: N7Player, Poweramp, VLC, AIMP, Neutron & Boom 3D.

DuxServit

Forum Donor
Roon on Mac, JRiver on Windows, Audirvana on Mac.

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mac: Audirvana. I’m not entirely happy with it. It doubles some of my files and I can’t figure out how to get rid of them. The library and filtering is also clunky compared with Nightingale (OS) and MusicBee (Windows). It does have excellent control of upsampling and other DAC settings. I’m open to suggestions for other Mac players to hand multi zone via WiFi.

3125b

Major Contributor
I have foobar for CDs and such, but almost always use spotify.

Foobar2000 on Windows but I've really been liking MusicBee lately. Trying to completely move over to it.

Top Bottom