• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

iMickey503

Forum Donor

Blows my MIND how well I got this little Amp I'm testing out to work. Time to upgrade the woofers in the doors and find some darn way to stop the door cards from "Humming" at certain frequencies.

Also,

Volkor X - In The House - In A Heartbeat​

And,

Volkor X - This is our Planet Now (2020)[FULL ALBUM] (Synthwave/Post-Synthwave/Metalwave/Badasswave)​

iMickey503

Forum Donor
Now that was a treat Garry! Wonder what the music is classified as? Country, Folk, or ?
It kind of blurs the different genres.
Is it in Mono? Sure sounds great!

Katji

Major Contributor
starting the day today with this exellent compil of the great South African trumpeter, flugelhornist, cornetist, singer and composer and godfather of the South African jazz & funk: Hugh (Ramapolo) Masekela

1653151912632.png

:rolleyes:
Ironic maybe, but no surprise. I see it often on Soundcloud, not available in SA, disabled. Anything distributed by UMG,BMG,Sony/Warner. I asked someone a few days ago, Dj/producer, he didn't know. So the only way I could hear it is to go to Youtube.

Anyway
, what about Abdullah Ibrahim / Dollar Brand? Jazz piano, improvisation style, mostly long winding tracks. Authentic.

Theodore8

Forum Donor
I admit that I watched Eurovision. I discovered "S10" and liked her voice, so thought I would share it.

DSJR

Major Contributor
Couple of beers and chilling. My hippy side comes out more then - Got to say the audiophool in me hates the gain pumping with the bass...

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Swinging :)

Waxx

Major Contributor
Started the day today with the Dutch reggae/ska/popband "Doe Maar" that were in the early 1980's a huge success. The lead singer Henny Vrienten died from cancer last week sadly enough, so i'm a bit in a retrotrip to my youth.

This is their best tune (with dutch lyrics) in my opinion.

600_OHM

Bagpipes - no seriously. But full marching band that goes well beyond the usual two tunes of Scotland the Brave and Amazing grace. I'm not even Scottish, but it envokes an emotion from deep within.

(Not sure that in a previous life, I heard this coming, peed my pants and ran away, or was part of a unit buoyed on by them backing me up! )

Hint: I *still* like mellotrons and pitch bends too.

Best to hear it in person, where acoustics in the open can really wig you out. Reflections of course, but also slight pitch changes if you are far away and there is wind and small temperature differences taking place. Cement starting to vibrate under your feet. The snick-snack precision of the drums. The rhythmic pounding .... Then there's the break for everyone to catch their breath and change to the next tune all while still moving forward. Ooooohh

A small taste of a live one in Edinburgh:

Not everyone's cup of tea, but something inside me digs it completely. I don't listen every day though. :)

DanielT

Major Contributor
Ha ha, 70s. The Abba girls show the panties dressed in cat t-shirts.:)

...Absolutely wonderful...Not the easiest thing to get those girls in bed....:p
But I have no money (as they, the Abba girls, in and of themselves do not turn on).... something else to fix it. To be cool maybe::)

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
One from The Smile (a project by Thom Yorke et al)

Axo1989

Major Contributor
A new single from Mercy Necromancy

Top Bottom