• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Meanwhile, returning to this century/decade/year Alice Longyu Gao's freshly minted album-with-a-fabulous-name:

https://soundcloud.com/alice-longyu-gao%2Fsets%2Flets-hope-heteros-fail-learn
*includes some previously released singles (like her collab with Oli Sykes of BMTH) and other gems. And xe knows plurals don't use apostrophes, so it's a literate contribution to culture as well. Or it would be but I reckon the 4th track title misspells <3 ... but that may be deliberate, ya never no.

Last edited:

Axo1989

Major Contributor
I can do oldskool though: That Dog were great (violin was a feature) :

*and still are probably, that was '95 but they did a nice post-hiatus album in 2019

Last edited:

My adventures in stereo

I cant stop listening to the Johnny Cash "American Recordings"
Got hooked after hearing the Johnny Cash cover of the Nine inch Nails " Hurt"
There are some real gems in this series, hurt is no longer my favorite song in the series

The 5 th LP is coming today :)
Plan to order VI also
skipped II, a bit too country for me

henologist

Ain Soph - "Variations on a Theme by Brian Smith" [1980, Nexus]: jazz fusion + prog rock, Nexus is full of releases falling somewhere on that spectrum and they've been good about represses in recent years.

sejarzo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Amazing piece and recording. If you like the YouTube version, I can't emphasize enough that you should borrow the CD from your local library as the USMC Band distributes these at no cost to many libraries and schools. If your library doesn't have it, I am sure they can get it via interlibrary loan. The other pieces on this disc are great, too.

KJohnM

JanesJr1

I am listening to a long list of new recordings (new to me), but one I keep coming back to is this one from a year or two ago, "Enargeia", by the Met's up-and-coming Emily D'Angelo: https://music.amazon.com/albums/B094YQQL3M?ref=dm_sh_5c6c-c9e6-266e-ff13-c26d0 .

She has been in the cast for several opera recordings with the Met, but this is her debut solo album. An unconventional group of pieces by both modern and medieval female composers, and absolutely delightful.

Martini

Forum Donor
The Kindertotenlieder.

61pImPvvmjL._SX522_.jpg

nobodynoz

If you like piano, listen to CDs from Alexandre Tharaud, a young French pianist. When he speaks during a minute wait until he plays again...

Last edited:
Top Bottom