• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning

The Doors - When The Music's Over (Live At The Isle Of Wight Festival 1970)​

this with the sony mdr-zx110 and atom amp. Eq combining amir's and maiky's by ear
Preamp: -8.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 40 Hz Gain 8.0 dB Q 0.38
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 157 Hz Gain -3.6 dB Q 1.34
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 1010 Hz Gain 4.7 dB Q 3.4
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 2467 Hz Gain 4.27 dB Q 2.49
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 8818 Hz Gain 5.0 dB Q 0.48
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 8580 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 6
Filter: ON PK Fc 5900 Hz Gain 3 dB Q 3
Filter: ON PK Fc 18 Hz Gain 3.3 dB Q 1.71
Filter: ON HP Fc 13 Hz
Filter: ON PK Fc 100 Hz Gain -3 dB Q 3

(yeah I know the file is a mes , and the 18hz one is optional I guess as I didn't see need for it through my phone but on my pc I have it enabled through eapo)

EDIT: redundant and obsolete because it goes without saying but preferred playing LOUD

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
4F77E911-BEEB-4A8E-A152-3F274A70E9CD.jpeg

Katji

Major Contributor

Billy Boyo - One Spliff A Day​

#dub

Billy Boyo - One Spliff A Day (Blue Hill Remix)​

...oh, that one led to Soundcloud...

The FKOF review:
"Blue Hill unfolds his dubby rework of this classic with a mellow intro. It's a stepper that pays homage to Billy Boyo and his anthem. Adding a second layer of delay on top of the vocals, Blue Hill's created a rich low end that sings positivity - driving evil far away. With reggae chords spiralling around the smokey theme and stompy kicks that set the pace, the Swedish producer exercises his skills in delivering a three-coloured production. The switch in melodies and percussive elements makes this a true tribute to the original. This one commands the selection whenever a proper sound system presents itself - it's a truly rhythmic foundation shaker…"
It's always risky bootlegging an anthem, but we think @blue-hill-dub has smashed this 'One Spliff A Day' rework! Let us know what you think in the comments...
Download the 320 here:
www.mediafire.com/?0y9mrknvvzlenop [but the original uploaded file I just got on Soundcloud is .WAV - I haven't checked it yet.]
soundcloud.com/fatkidonfire/sets/fkof-free-downloads
@blue-hill-dub
fkof.it/bluehillfb
fatkidonfire.com

https://soundcloud.com/fatkidonfire%2Fbilly-boyo-one-spliff-a-day-blue-hill-remix-fkof-free-download

Last edited:

Waxx

Major Contributor
The last tunes from jriver playing a reggae collection playlist in random modus:

But i started the day with some classic music, to be exact this album:

Jim Shaw

Forum Donor
as it says on the tin, music we are enjoying or planning to listen too today..
i hope we all post our music here, all genres all formats so we can share our passions and learn from each other.
I just finished playing Pictures At A Exhibition/Mussorgsky-M. Ravel by the Chicago -- TWICE. This is a good pick whenever I want, once again, to marvel at the sounds made by a symphony orchestra. Ravel's orchestration of the Mussorgsky piano piece is just, flat genius. He uses solo, duo, and trio passages to cause me to puzzle sometimes what instruments are playing. The Chicago Symphony was recorded by Deutsche Grammophon.

Mussorgsky and Ravel
212px-Modest_Musorgskiy%2C_1870.jpg
220px-Maurice_Ravel_1925.jpg

mvleff

I just finished playing Pictures At A Exhibition/Mussorgsky-M. Ravel by the Chicago -- TWICE. This is a good pick whenever I want, once again, to marvel at the sounds made by a symphony orchestra. Ravel's orchestration of the Mussorgsky piano piece is just, flat genius. He uses solo, duo, and trio passages to cause me to puzzle sometimes what instruments are playing. The Chicago Symphony was recorded by Deutsche Grammophon.

Mussorgsky and Ravel
212px-Modest_Musorgskiy%2C_1870.jpg
220px-Maurice_Ravel_1925.jpg
"Pictures . . ." was one of my father's favorites back when I was a kid (1950s). I might have to go digging through the records of his that I selected out to save to see if I still have it. Could be a 78 w/ lots of bacon frying in the background. (Just noticed your location. I transplanted years ago to California from western Pennsylvania, Sharpsville/Sharon, just across the state line from Youngstown, Ohio.)

VMAT4

Forum Donor

I'm listening to this on some new 'phones, a pair of ÆON 2 Noire. The piano sounds "crystal clear" but I don't know if I'd like the highs slightly rolled off. Does anyone have experience with this album on these 'phones?

Last edited:

VMAT4

Forum Donor

VMAT4

Forum Donor

Top Bottom