• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are we listening to right now..

SpyB

Here is one you may have missed,I have had this album for years

A Canadian artist, I particularly like Wakerife Waltz and the TUBA on this track

I love instrumentation,well recorded music that has pinpoint accuracy,depth of field/imaging that allows me to

define every instrument in the mix and their position on the sound stage/call me a Audiophile if you like

I prefer Music aficionado / A lover of the vibrations,as I type this i started thinking about Evelyn Glennie

the Deaf Scottish percussionist / man that is something else

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
This was my introduction to Pink Floyd, other than occasional radio play...

1577086372673.png

Row 48?

Seemed right down front...

$20.00...

SpyB

View attachment 43418

Row 48?

$20.00...

Yea!! I bet that was something else / I have not been to a Pink Floyd Concert I missed them
when they came to my home town,just to expensive,although been to a Roger Waters one

And it was amazing!!

you Lucky Duck

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Yes, it qualified as amazing.

Walked over to check out the mixer and other controls, the entirety of which occupied the back half of a flatbed trailer.

The sound and light engineers (Ok, I use that term loosely) were just sort of sitting there, having tea, watching the show and watching the faders move, as the whole thing was automated. I guess their main job during the show was just to ensure things stayed in sync.

Something like this:

1577088062207.png

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor
71Y1LEMuHiL__SL1200_.jpg

I recently purchased this to add to the previous four Crossroads festivals and now discover that there is a September 2019 festival issue coming.

Last edited:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it qualified as amazing.

Walked over to check out the mixer and other controls, the entirety of which occupied the back half of a flatbed trailer.

The sound and light engineers (Ok, I use that term loosely) were just sort of sitting there, having tea, watching the show and watching the faders move, as the whole thing was automated. I guess their main job during the show was just to ensure things stayed in sync.

Something like this:

View attachment 43422

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Nope, I have vast appreciation of lots of music, but having a hi fidelity system with decent staging and imaging adjusts your taste I find :facepalm:

"Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet"

View attachment 43418

Row 48?

$20.00...
$20.00 OMG. I saw that one in Chicago, the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. I was also lucky enough to see the Animals tour before it (1977) and the final Division Bell tour (aka Pulse) in 1994. I remember paying $160 a ticket for that final concert but I wouldn't have cared is they were $500, if I could raise the money, I was going. Thank God I had the money, I've seen a lot of concerts over the years but that night will forever stick in my mind. Probably the height of Gilmours guitar playing days, he was fucking incredible.

Marantzian

Vytas Brenner, a man I discovered by chance some years ago:

VYTAS BRENNER was a German born Venezuelan pianist, keyboardist and composer. His career started in the late 1960s and released his first album (of nine in total) in 1973. His music took Latin American rhythms, as well as from unique Venezuelan tradition and combined them with Progressive Rock, to create delightful Symphonic prog, with elements of fusion, space rock and acoustic folk.

http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=2732

First albums ( Ofrenda, Hermanos, Jayeche, En Vivo (Live) ) have some very nice tracks for me.

Andolink

G. F. Handel: Il trionfo del Tempo e del Disinganno (1707)

Natalie Dessay (Bellezza), soprano; Ann Hallenberg (Piacere), mezzosoprano; Sonia Prina (Disinganno), contralto; Pavol Breslik (Tempo), tenor
Le Concert d'Astrée
Dir: Emmanuelle Haïm

rec: March 2004 & Jan 2006, Paris, IRCAM

0094636342856.jpg

Wombat

Master Contributor
R-2743555-1299034975_jpeg.jpg

R-2743555-1299034987_jpeg.jpg

Top Bottom