• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What are the three most expensive audio purchases you've made? How would you do you see them now post hoc?

A pair of dynaudio confidence 30’s

enjoy them almost every day for a year now. Awfully expensive but great sound. Great to have them in my house :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 40

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Genelec 8350+7360, Svs sb4000 and kef R5. Genelecs are for life probably, don't need better for desktop. Sub is a sub and I don't think I need a bigger one ever. KEFs can go at some point.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Genelec 8350+7360, Svs sb4000 and kef R5. Genelecs are for life probably, don't need better for desktop. Sub is a sub and I don't think I need a bigger one ever. KEFs can go at some point.
8350 on a desktop? Wow!

bodhi

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
8350 on a desktop? Wow!
It's not that much larger than say 8330 I had before, comparing the real estate it occupies from the table. One of my reasons for upgrade was that I could sell the sub.

Unfortunately, after a while the "what if..." proved to be too much and I ended up with getting a sub again. Which, to be honest, is not really that useful.

Brian Hall

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Most expensive: Sennheiser HD800 S headphones. Worth every penny.
Second: Eversolo DMP-A6. I still love it and would buy it again.
Third: Not sure. Lots of things would fit here.

Best low cost items: Fosi V3 amp, Sony SSCS5 speakers and the Zero 2 IEMs.

I don't feel any need to "upgrade" anything else now. I love the way my office setup sounds as well as my main setup in the living room.

Vinsen

Neumann KH420 speakers: bought before a big price jump and we call these our babies for a reason
Isonoe ISO420 mixer/pre-amps: a timeless analog machine on which mixing never felt this good
Neumann KH80 speakers: a bit pricey for its performance, but integrates seamless with the subs of the KH420 (would only buy with a sub)

No need to upgrade anything anytime soon :)

pogo

Major Contributor
NAD M33 <-- need to upgrade to bridge-mode with M23 after a listening session in february ;) ...or waiting for a good 1ET9040BA implementation, also bridged purifis.
Teufel M6000 (first generation)
Teufel M200 (first generation)

Top Bottom