• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s up with this guy? He’s making objectivists look bad

OP
KeithPhantom

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This guy also has a reputation on other forums of deleting any and all negative comments about his reviews. Note that he also hides the up and down vote counts.

So he's apparently uninterested in learning to do better.
So, he’s participates in other forums? LOL. But yeah, his videos were an oddball to find.

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
This guy also has a reputation on other forums of deleting any and all negative comments about his reviews. Note that he also hides the up and down vote counts.

So he's apparently uninterested in learning to do better.
A real special snowflake, eh? :facepalm:

As hard as it can be, you should be grateful when somebody calls you out on your BS. Negative feedback works, as any engineer from Harold Black to Bruno Putzeys will be willing to attest.

Veri

Master Contributor
I removed the link in the OP, it only serves to give the guy traffic and ultimately money plus you will never get back the wasted times spent viewing his crap.
Cheers, Thomas :D

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just like every other YT channel. There is money in this sort of garbage so it's not going away anytime soon.

I made the mistake of looking on YouTube for a review of my new rme dac just before I bought it to get a sense of what the display looked like and what came on the box. What I found was a cess pit, legions of Heavens Gatesque audio gurus spouting an endless stream of bullshit. It’s like they are in competition with each other to see who can set civilisation back the most in a 20 minute video. I can’t unsee it now and want to cry.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm just guessing but from appearances he's probably well on the spectrum, so let's just leave him alone.
Good point, well made.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, he’s participates in other forums? LOL. But yeah, his videos were an oddball to find.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. People on other forums who have left comments on his YouTube reviews. if you look at a few of them, you won't see any negative comments.

Blujackaal

People do this all the damn time with the Etymotic ER4XR/SR, I've already had 2+ lash out that mine are 0.3% at 98db an showed a pic of it. That oh no it sucks because of high 3rd order that high only at 95 ~ 102db SPL levels that would damage your hearing. Same with the FR people see 10db at 2.7KHz then ignore that any high end hearing aid uses the same tuning curve as the ER4?. Because a ER4S/SR with it 2.7k hump EQ'd out sound like total ass kinda like the ER3SE/ER4PT which seem to have it cut by 2.5db.

mnemonix

This guy literally reviews headphones he’s never listened

And in that spirit I shall review his Youtube Channel without ever having watched it...

It's nothing more than a monetization exercise. It might just as well be about pizzas he's never tasted. It's certainly not worth discussing the content.

Edit - if I was @solderdude I'd pursue a DMCA order if he's really using your content too.

Sherwood

I made the mistake of looking on YouTube for a review of my new rme dac just before I bought it to get a sense of what the display looked like and what came on the box. What I found was a cess pit, legions of Heavens Gatesque audio gurus spouting an endless stream of bullshit. It’s like they are in competition with each other to see who can set civilisation back the most in a 20 minute video. I can’t unsee it now and want to cry.

It's not all bad. If you've not checked it out yet, RME themselves did a 5-part series on the menu structure I found very helpful:

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I aproach it the same way as I do the washing machine, set it to number 4 and press start. :p

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not all bad. If you've not checked it out yet, RME themselves did a 5-part series on the menu structure I found very helpful:

I just love the fact that it takes 5 videos to cover the menu :)

OP
KeithPhantom

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The guy just posted a video “showing us what’s the value of reading measurements”. That’s hypocrisy at its finest IMO...

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements, we don't need no stinking measurements.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
The guy just posted a video “showing us what’s the value of reading measurements”. That’s hypocrisy at its finest IMO...
When you've got a pair of DT990s and a TLM103, who even needs measurements anymore?

*mwah, perfection*

/s

oldsysop

Everyone talks about a video that I can't see what it is :mad:

Cbdb2

Major Contributor
And you dont need anybody to look bad. What are you doing on a science based forum when you dont believe in science (objectivism). Go away.

Top Bottom