• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What’s up with this guy? He’s making objectivists look bad

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
This guy literally reviews headphones he’s never listened based on FR graphs, like they’re perfect and can tell you an absolute truth. This is when we can’t agree upon the method and the standard to follow when measure headphones.
He also regards the DT999 as “perfect” in one of his videos, but regarding the HD 6X0 line as “treble peaky” and “uneven” (I agree in the bass department though). In a few words, he thinks elevated treble, regardless of it being elevated, is better when the whole area has energy than when you have peaks, not considering that peaks or dips may be considered as “house sound” or “taste”. I’m leaving the link to his channel:

Link removed, let's not give him traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Looks like he owes @solderdude a debt of gratitude because those are his graphs from DIY-Audio-Heaven. This guy doesn't seem to understand the Harman target curve, i.e. headphones should not measure flat. Or that peaks and valleys in the treble region are normal and not always audible in the way you might expect.

OP
KeithPhantom

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
He does not care that he uses more than one site’s graph, which may have different measuring gear and compensation curves. Also, he uploads line 20 videos everyday.

OP
KeithPhantom

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor
This guy doesn't seem to understand the Harman target curve, i.e. headphones should not measure flat.
Actually, yes, if you’re using a compensation curve to make your graph easier to read. If you disclose that you’re compensating the raw measurements, a flat line means it perfectly mimics the compensation curve. This ideally has to include a fake pinna into account as well.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Actually, yes, if you’re using a compensation curve to make your graph easier to read. If you disclose that you’re compensating the raw measurements, a flat line means it perfectly mimics the compensation curve. This ideally has to include a fake pinna into account as well.
I gotcha, that makes sense.

After watching a few of his videos it seems like his heart's in the right place, and in some cases he's not wrong, but there's a lot of generalization and oversimplification.

OP
KeithPhantom

KeithPhantom

Forum Donor

After watching a few of his videos it seems like his heart's in the right place, and in some cases he's not wrong, but there's a lot of generalization and oversimplification.
That’s the issue.

He also calls people "retarded" or "autists" who have diverging opinions from his own in his videos, hardly a sympathetic character. I wouldn't give him any more views.

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Wouldn't say that I sympathize with him, but I'm not sure what he's doing is worth pillorying him over either.

His channel reads like a cry for attention. There are recommendations for depression supplements in every description. Doesn't take much intuition to guess that this person might have had a rough start. It's lamentable, and I genuinely hope he matures and evolves past this stage. He's young, there's time.

If we check in with him in a year and he's still grinding out low-effort videos under the name Recommendations In Description, I'll retract that statement. ;)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Ha! Shout-out to @solderdude

You found my videos without me wearing my penguin suit...:D... NOT.

He just doesn't understand plots in general and draws the wrong conclusions.
He even has to almost whisper so his mum doesn't find out he is telling porkies again and slaps him around.

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I shall not be subscribing.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the title of one of his more recent videos, "What Should I Buy With Channel Earnings Next." With his 2,050 subscribers and dozens of views each of his videos get his channel earnings must be in the tens of cents by now. Maybe a pack of bubble gum? :D

Martin

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the title of one of his more recent videos, "What Should I Buy With Channel Earnings Next." With his 2,050 subscribers and dozens of views each of his videos get his channel earnings must be in the tens of cents by now. Maybe a pack of bubble gum? :D

New eyebrows

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This guy also has a reputation on other forums of deleting any and all negative comments about his reviews. Note that he also hides the up and down vote counts.

So he's apparently uninterested in learning to do better.

Top Bottom