• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Wharfedale Super Denton

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Erin measured them (cheers mate, and thanks Mike!):

So it seems they are a good alternative to people that have either a smaller room, not much space to set them up or that have a subwoofer.

They seem to cost a bit less too, so maybe based on that alone they have better value?

Time for pics! They are available in Mohagony, European Walnut and Black veneer:
1714325931627.png
1714325964948.png
1714326025236.png

I prefer Mohagony, but sadly my Lintons are Walnut because that was what was cheap ;-). If anyone wants to trade, let me know.
With the grille on:
1714326151053.png

From behind:
1714326186722.png

If they are manufactured like the Linton 85 or the Denton 85, they are good value for the money. They cost 1200€ a pair in the EU initially, but as per usual their price will drop.
Mind you, regular prices for Linton 85 are around 900€ right now, so right now they are a better deal.

In terms of fidelity it seems the Super Denton are far better than what i expected. I really thought they would stink, but that doesn't seem to be the case. No data on spinorama.org yet, so we can't overlay the Linton 85 and Super Denton yet, but Erin has the regular data:

Again, thanks Erin and thanks Mike.

Last edited:

tsfreo

So are you thinking about picking up a pair? I cannot decide. I love my Linton 85th editions in my living room - and I would be interested in a similar sound in my study (smaller room) in which I currently use Elac DBR62s. Thing is, these may sound a bit different, but are they worth dropping almost AU$2k on them as an upgrade? I am just not so sure. New kit is fun....but that is reasonable coin to spend.

OP
TheBatsEar

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet, in Europe they are a bit pricey too.

Last edited:

tsfreo

Not yet, in Europe they are a bit pricey too.
I have taken the plunge. Probably not 'super' needed (ha) but I was just too curious about how I would find them. I like my Lintons so very much and would enjoy a similar sound in my much smaller study. One never really knows until they are in your own room.
I will find a use for my DBR62s elsewhere. They are too good to sell or give away.

Top Bottom