• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Weird HDMI cable issue with DENON AVR X-1500H

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I recently purchased a Lanberg USB C to HDMI cable. When i connect the cable to the AUX HDMI input on the AVR it does not work. If i connect the cable first to my tv and then to the AVR it works! Any ideas what settings should i change on the AVR to get it to work?

delta76

Major Contributor
I think the problem is with the cable. HDMI is a standard yes but the implementation can vary a bit between manufacturers, especially when it comes with "conversion", handshake can be problematic. I'd suggest to try another cable to see if that works

OP
C

Chrise36

Major Contributor
I think the problem is with the cable. HDMI is a standard yes but the implementation can vary a bit between manufacturers, especially when it comes with "conversion", handshake can be problematic. I'd suggest to try another cable to see if that works
I think i found the problem. In video settings i changed the pass through to AUX instead of last and it works. Thanks for the reply anyway! I have to say such connection does not work with every phone though.

Top Bottom