• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Weird Cars Thread

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
134065239_3680085075384745_1769953911623156171_n.jpg

With this vehicle, all you need is a band and you are ready to go...

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
t
Mysterion_01.jpg

This is the recreated Mysterion. The original was built by Ed Roth. It's said the original was not road worthy.

Last edited:
OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
hrd_2503.jpg

This is the Hoonicorn. It has a 1400 hp methanol burning engine based on a pushrod Ford block and heads, and 4 wheel drive. It only looks like a 1965 Mustang. The body panels are fiberglass and sit on a tubular frame. 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. It was built to be a drift car, but did well at Pikes Peak.

Last edited:
OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A school friend's dad had one of those. In theory you could kick out the windows if you ended up inverted. I hope nobody had to put it to the test.

What if the air conditioner wasn't working? Kick out the windows, I guess.

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
What if the air conditioner wasn't working? Kick out the windows, I guess.
Air conditioner?! Rarely a consideration in this part of the world. I'd be amazed if it was fitted to a beetle based kit back then. You might have been able to crack open the back edge of the side windows for a bit of ventilation, but I don't remember. The more everyday problem was having to pop the top whenever you'd normally be expected to roll down the window to pay for things, take a ticket etc.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
@lashto a search for weird cars on any engine will bring up a ton of images. I did not see many of the ones here. Feel free to pick out the best ones you find and post.

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I refer the honorable gentleman to the posts made some pages ago - posts #7 to #19 should cover it.

In the US if it has 3 wheels it is registered as a motorcycle and is subject to considerably less regulation than a car. I will freely admit the line gets blurry when you start looking at the various designs.

Top Bottom